- Tottenham’s new stadium has a shiny new booklet to go with it. It’s quite an ambitious and ingenious plan, provided they pull it off time-wise and the new pitch doesn’t mess up.
- UEFA need to stop playing politics and start fixing football.
- Bayern Munich go to India to setup an academy, their first outside Germany. About time.
- Scotland will take on Diego Maradona…sorry, Argentina, on Wednesday 19 November. How do you think will win?
- While we’re at it, Germany host England on the same evening, with Capello expected to announce the squad this weekend. My bet’s on England sneaking a draw.
- If you’re having trouble breaking up, Adidas has the perfect solution. If you have trouble finding women, Football Manager 09 is the perfect antidote.
- My Football Club are going in circles – they’ve improved in some areas but are now facing cashflow problems. What will happen to Ebbsfleet?
This weekend’s matches (and predictions):
Saturday, 15 November 2008
Bolton Wanderers FC v Liverpool FC – Liverpool’s first team, well-rested, should win this, unless they want to give up the title before Christmas.
Arsenal FC v Aston Villa FC – Aston Villa will fight hard but Arsenal should wrap this up quickly – although if they play the kids again, I imagine MON has more talent at his disposal than Steve Bruce.
Blackburn Rovers FC v Sunderland AFC – Rematch from the midweek Carling Cup, but this time at Ewood Park. Rovers will be gunning for a win here, and with confidence high from their win at the Stadium of Light, they could take 3 points here. Then again, who knows which Sunderland will show up?
Fulham FC v Tottenham Hotspur FC – With due respect to Arsenal and Liverpool, this is Harry’s first real test – an away game against bottom-10 league opposition. If they win this, the Redknapp Revolution is well and truly on.
Manchester United FC v Stoke City FC – Delap will do his best but Manchester United should win this unlike Arsenal or Liverpool).
Newcastle United FC v Wigan Athletic FC – Newcastle should win this, unless Kinnear attacks a referee or Wigan find the balls that Arsenal snatched from them.
West Ham United FC v Portsmouth FC – Can Zola win a game? Can Adams? We’re about to find out.
West Bromwich Albion FC v Chelsea FC – Chelsea will be raring for a win, they should get one too.
Sunday, 16 November 2008
Everton FC v Middlesbrough FC – Usually when you expect Everton to win, they make a meal of it. Usually when you expect Boro to lose, they go on and win. This is a bad game to bet on.
Hull City AFC v Manchester City FC – Hull strikers were headbutting midweek, not ideal preparations when you’re expected to track back to the penalty box and knock over Robinho. Difficult to call, it’s up to City’s defence and they’ve been tits up so far.
Your predictions for the weekend?