Arsenal midfielder Santi Cazorla has revealed that he is ready to sign a new deal with the London club if they offer him one.
The 31-year-old midfielder has been linked with a move to Atletico Madrid recently, but talkSport have quoted him saying that he enjoys playing for a great club like Arsenal and wants to stay.
“Atletico Madrid are an amazing club”, Cazorla said. “Just have a look at their results; El Cholo is doing great things. It is not easy to reach two Champions League finals and win the league.”
“[But] I am happy here. I am trusted by the manager and my teammates. I am feeling important here and if they’ll offer me a new contract I’ll sign it because I am very happy with this great club.”
Arsenal signed Cazorla from Malaga back in the summer of 2012 and the Spaniard has been a key member of the first team squad since then. Cazorla has made 175 appearances in total for the North London giants.
However, he is out of contract in the summer and Arsenal have not offered him an extension yet.
If the Gunners decide to let him go, there will be plenty of suitors lining up for his services. Cazorla is easily one of the best playmakers in the league right now and still has a lot to offer.
The Spaniard has scored twice in seven appearances for Arsene Wenger’s side this season.
Arsenal are in talks to extend the deals of Alexis Sanchez, Mesut Ozil and Hector Bellerin if the reports from English media are to be believed. Cazorla will be hoping to earn an extension as well with his performances this season.
- Piers Morgan explains why he would sign Patrick Vieira if he could get to sign one player at his peak today for Arsenal
- Mauricio Pochettino picks Mikel Arteta in his ultimate five-a-side team
- Alex Hleb sends heartwarming message to Arsenal and the fans following emotional Emirates reception
- Tottenham interested in signing Cengiz Under
- Arsenal playmaker handed opportunity to shine against BATE Borisov