Take 2 minutes to answer our Euro 2020 survey and win a £50 Amazon voucher!
Real Madrid are just one more win away from equaling the all-time longest winning streak by a Spanish club in history (Barcelona, 18). They won’t accomplish that without a challenge though as they face Celta Vigo at home in the 14th round of this season’s La Liga. It is important to remember that Celta Vigo this season have gone unbeaten vs Atletico Madrid, Barcelona, and Athletic Bilbao all away from home. In fact, they actually defeated Barcelona at the Camp Nou 1-0, the positives may end there however as that win vs the Catalan club was Celta Vigo’s last win in all competitions. Over a month has passed with 4 matches played yet Celta are still winless, what’s even more encouraging (for Real Madrid that is) is the fact that Celta are currently on a 3-match losing streak. From going the first 6 matches in La Liga without a defeat to not being able to score a goal in the last 3 rounds, Celta’s form has severely dropped. And to make matters worse, they are traveling to face the most on-form team in the world at the moment, at the Santiago Bernabeu. Real Madrid will also be very motivated to both keep the La Liga top spot for at least another week and to equal Barca’s record. They will however be without Isco who was (rather harshly) sent off in the last league match vs Malaga. It is expected that Sami Khedira (if he’s recovered) or most likely Illarramendi will be replacing Isco in midfield as Real Madrid eye their 11th straight La Liga win. Also in favour of the capital club is the fact that players like Cristiano, Kroos, Benzema, Bale, Carvajal, Ramos, Pepe, and Marcelo were all (finally) rested in midweek and will be fresh to face the usually tough Celta Vigo.
Pre-Match Real Madrid Stats
- Real Madrid have won each of their last 17 matches in all competitions.
- Real Madrid have scored 17 goals in their last 5 matches in all competitions compared to Celta Vigo’s 2.
- Real Madrid are currently on a 10-match winning run in the league.
- It has been almost 3 months since Real Madrid last lost a home game in all competitions.
- Real Madrid have lost just 3 of their last 83 home games.
- Real Madrid is the team with the most league goals (48) in Europe this season.
- Real Madrid is also the team with the most goals in all competitions (72) in Europe this season.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has scored in his last 16 home league matches.
- Cristiano Ronaldo alone has scored 3 goals more than Celta Vigo as a whole in La Liga this season.
- Real Madrid have scored 11 goals in their last 3 league matches.
- Real Madrid have scored at least 5 goals in 5 of their last 7 home matches in all competitions.
- Benzema has scored in each of his last 6 Liga matches,
- Real Madrid average 3.3 goals per home match in all competitions this season (33 goals in 10 matches).
- Real Madrid have only failed to score in 4 of their last 126 home matches in La Liga.
- Cristiano has directly contributed to 11 goals in his last 4 league matches (4 goals + 7 assists).
- Since Ancelotti became manager, Real Madrid have scored 131 goals in just 39 home matches.
- Saturday’s match will be the 40th home match with Ancelotti as a manager.
- Real Madrid have scored 31 goals more then Celta Vigo in La Liga this season.
Pre-Match Celta Vigo Stats
- Celta Vigo are currently on a 4-match winless run (3 losses, 1 draw).
- Celta Vigo are currently on a 3-match losing run in all competitions.
- The last time Celta Vigo won a match in any competition was over a month ago (1-0 vs Barcelona, November 1st).
- Celta Vigo have scored just 1 goal in their last 4 matches in all competitions.
- Celta Vigo have won just 2 of their last 8 matches in all competitions.
- No team in the top half of La Liga this season have won fewer games than Celta Vigo (5).
- Only 1 team in La Liga’s top 8 has scored less goals than Celta Vigo (17).
- Celta Vigo have won 2 of their last 4 matches vs Real Madrid at the Santiago Bernabeu.
- Celta Vigo have lost just 3 of their last 7 visits to the Santiago Bernabeu.
- Celta Vigo have scored 7 goals in their last 5 visits to the Santiago Bernabeu.