Playing the lottery is a pastime that dates back over 50 years. In fact, the first lottery tickets in New York were sold back in 1967. However, thanks to advances in technology, New York lottery draws now take place daily online.
New York is one an increasing number of US states to have its own official lottery. So, if you are looking to bet on or buy lotteries in New York, you will find all necessary information on this page, including available games and their rules.
- Accepts Crypto
- High Limit
- High Roller
- Live dealer
- Live Roulette
- VIP Program
$5,000 Welcome Bonus For New Players
- Huge Welcome Bonus
- Excellent Live Dealer Games
- 24/7 Live Customer Support
Welcome Bonus Worth Up To $5,555 In Total
- Top Quality Mobile Betting App
- High Limit Sportsbook
- Fast Payouts
100% deposit match up to $3,000
- HD Quality Live Streaming
- Accepts Major Cryptocurrencies
- Top Parlay Builder
280% up to $14,000
- 250+ RTG Casino Games
- Various Welcome Bonuses
- Free Spin Offer
Up To $3,000 Bonus
- Top Blackjack Online Casino
- Poker Tournaments with Huge Payouts
- High Roller Casino
150% up to $750
- Top Contests & Promotions
- Supports parlays, teasers and if bets
- $1,000 Welcome Bonus
200% deposit match up to $500
- Biggest Range of Sports
- Top Horse Racing Sportsbook
- Seamless Payments & Payouts
200% sign-up bonus up to $1,000
- Top Live Casino Experience
- High Roller Casino
- Daily New Promotions
350% up to $2,500
- 300+ Casino Games
- Huge Bonuses & Offers
- 24/7 Customer Support
200% up to $1,000
- Large Selection of Casino Games
- Regular Promotions
- Great Customer Support
Best New York Lottery Sites
New York lottery numbers are now found on different casino sites. Here, players can place bets on official New York lottery results, as well as take advantage of lottery-related games. Based on our expert knowledge and extensive testing, it is the following sites that are currently best for New York lotto:
- LuckyBlock – First cryptocurrency lottery
- BetOnline – First number odd/even on official New York lotteries
- BetUS – Host of Keno games on offer
- Bovada – Unique “Numbers Game”
- WildCasino – American, Vegas & Megapays Keno
Quick New York Lottery Info
If you are new to New York lotteries, then there is some important information to be aware of. The following part of our New York lottery guide will discuss the legality of such gambling, as well as how and where to play.
Is the Lottery Legal in New York?
The New York Lottery, a state-owned draw, has been operating since 1967. With the help of the New York Gaming Commission, New York lotto revenue goes towards public education. Players must be aged 18 or over. However, the minimum age for Quick Draw, a variant of Keno, is 21.
What Land-Based New York Lottery Games Can You Play?
When it comes to lotto New York, there are a variety of games available. The following are among the most common land-based lotteries in New York:
- Numbers – New York daily numbers is a three-digit lottery draw that occurs twice every 24 hours. Possible digits range from 0-9, with the minimum bet here being $0.50.
Win-4 – New York lottery Win 4 is similar to Numbers, with the only exception being that a four chambered drawing machine is used.
- Take 5 – New York Take 5 dates back to the early 1990’s. Draws here now take place twice daily, with tickets costing $1 each. Numbers 1-39 are available, with successfully predicting 3, 4 or 5 numbers resulting in a cash prize.
- Pick 10 – With New York Pick 10, a total of 20 numbers are drawn, from 1-80. The draw takes place every evening, with matching 10/20 numbers earning players $500,000 in winnings!
- Lotto – Drawn on Wednesday’s and Saturday’s, New York Lotto is made up of two games. Six numbers between 1-59 are drawn, along with a bonus ball from the other 53 numbers.
- Quick Draw – This Keno-style game takes place every four minutes in New York. A virtual draw is held, with 20 numbers from 1-80 being shown. The top prize is $100,000. As we mentioned earlier, the minimum age requirement for Quick Draw is 21 in New York.
- Cash4Life – Established in June 2014 in New York and New Jersey, Cash4Life draws are held nightly, with games costing $2 each. Players select 5 from a possible 60 numbers, along with 1 of 4 “Cash Ball” numbers. A top prize of $1,000 per-day-for-life continues to attract New York lottery players.
- Mega Millions – With draws held on Tuesday’s and Friday’s, Mega Millions is one of the most popular New York lotteries. New York Mega Millions lottery draws feature five balls from 1-70. On top of this, a sixth “Mega Ball” is drawn, between 1-25. Costing $2 each, the smallest jackpot here sits at a whopping $40 million.
- Powerball – New York lottery Powerball numbers are often the talk of the city. The state joined Powerball in 2010, with the minimum jackpot again being $40 million. 5 numbers between 1-69 must be picked, along with another from 1 through 26. Draws take place three times per week, on Monday’s, Wednesday’s and Saturday’s.
Where Can You Play the Lottery in New York?
New York lottery can be played both online and in person. Where you ultimately play will depend on the type of lotteries in New York that you are looking to take advantage of.
Of course, our recommended sites do not sell lottery tickets. They only accept lottery bets and provide lottery-based games. So, if you are looking to purchase a New York lottery ticket, you will have to do so from your local retail outlet.
Can you Buy Lottery Tickets Online in New York?
As we have mentioned, individual New York lottery tickets must be purchased from a specific retailer. Use the New York Lottery website in order to find your closest location, with there being almost 4,000 across the state. However, it is possible to purchase a subscription for the likes of Mega Millions and Cash4Life New York online.
Other New York Lottery Options to Play Online
If you are looking for something different to traditional lotteries in New York, then our recommended casino sites have plenty to offer. Here, players can bet on the outcome of New York lottery numbers.
A prime example being whether the first ball drawn will be odd or even. Meanwhile, such sites also offer a range of lottery-based games, including Keno and Bingo. However, such games are not like traditional New York lotto.
What are the Advantages of Playing the New York Lottery Online?
Playing New York lottery online comes with a host of benefits. Unfortunately, there are no guarantees that you will win. However, taking advantage of the following advantages is a good start:
- Convenience – The ability to play lottery online New York is hugely convenient. While you may not find the exact option you are looking for, there is no need to visit your local retailer in person. Everything is available at the click of a button. When a subscription is registered for, there is no danger of forgetting to pick your numbers either!
- No Lost Tickets – When everything is done online, you can also breathe easily knowing that you will never have to deal with the frustration of losing a winning New York lottery ticket. Everything is stored virtually instead.
- Notifications – Should you be lucky enough to have matched New York lottery numbers successfully, those operating online will be quick to receive the good news. Players can customize how they receive notifications, whether it be via email or telephone.
- Security – Purchasing lottery subscriptions, placing lottery bets or playing lottery-style casino games are all completely safe. Adding and withdrawing funds is secure too, with state of the art technology helping to keep players safe. Just make sure that you are aware of scammers that are constantly operating.
New York Lottery Draw Schedule
Lotteries in New York are drawn every day of the week. However, each separate New York lottery has its own times. The table below provides key information surrounding the top 5 lotteries in New York:
Ticket Sales Close:
New York Lottery
Wednesday & Saturday
7 Days a week
Every 4 minutes (except between 3:30-4:00 AM)
Cash4Life New York
Tuesday & Friday
Monday, Wednesday & Saturday
*All times listed are Eastern.
Where to Find New York Lottery Results
It is quick and simple to find out whether you have been successful in the New York lottery. While there are a number of different lottery draws that take place during the week, all results are available in the same place.
Just click or tap on the “Winning Numbers” tab on the official New York Lottery page. Scroll down to the date in question to discover whether you are a winner. If you are interested in looking at New York lottery results from further back, New York’s Open Data Portal is available.
Best New York Online Lotteries Reviewed
We have already outlined our leading sites for online lotteries in New York. However, we will now take a closer look at our top 5, including available lottery markets, games and features:
1. LuckyBlock – Our top choice for lotto New York!
If you have not yet heard of LuckyBlock, you will soon. Offering cryptocurrency lottery draws, LuckyBlock operates using its own unique digital currency, LBlock. Lottery tickets can be purchased via either the Lucky Block iOS or Android app, with jackpots sitting in the millions. In fact, LBlock holders who link their wallet to their app will be eligible for free tickets!
An online game section will be added to their site in the future, adding to the appeal of LuckyBlock. Random number generators are used to ensure the fairness of games, LuckyBlock has promised a proportion of its profits will go to charities across the globe.
What We Like:
- Automatic entry to lotto draws when acquiring LBlock
- Instant payouts
- iOS and Android mobile apps
- Hugely exciting new platform
What We Don’t Like:
- Games not yet available
2. BetOnline – First number odd/even on official New York lotteries
Dating back to 2004, BetOnline has long been one of the leading gambling platforms for players in the US. BetOnline is also one of the few operators to offer betting on lottery draws. Those signed up can place bets on whether the opening ball drawn will be odd or even, which is a new method of gambling to most.
Lottery-style casino games are also available, including a handful of Keno variants. While no crypto lotto draws are found, the jackpots and bonuses available still attract regular newcomers. Those signing up can take advantage of a 50% deposit match up to $1,000 welcome bonus, with the BetOnline promo code “BOL1000” being required.
What We Like:
- Regular “Bet on Lottery” markets
- Keno casino games also available
- Easy to use site
- Generous welcome bonus
What We Don’t Like:
- Relatively low deposit/withdraw limits
3. BetUS – Host of Keno games on offer
Founded in 1994, BetUS has vast experience in the online gambling industry. On their casino site, Keno and other instant numbers games can be found. Games are accessible on both desktop and mobile, with tickets starting at just $0.10, perfect for beginners!
Using the relevant BetUS promo code, new customers can claim a 50% casino bonus up to $625. This is actually part of a larger welcome package, worth as much as $2,500. Video Keno and Bingo casino games are available, with excellent graphics being found throughout.
What We Like:
- Keno tickets available from just $0.10
- Cryptocurrencies accepted
- Generous welcome bonus
- Large potential payouts
What We Don’t Like:
- No “Bet on Lottery” markets
4. Bovada – Unique “Numbers Game”
Like all of our recommended sites, tickets for New York lotteries cannot be purchased at Bovada. However, Keno and Bingo games can be played, while the operator has also recently introduced the entertaining “Numbers Game”, which has an element of lotto to it.
A casino welcome bonus worth up to $3,000 is available when using the latest Bovada promo code. Bovada also accepts a variety of cryptocurrencies, which will suit some playing the likes of Go-Go Bingo and Keno Draw.
What We Like: What We Don’t Like: Launched in 2018, Wild Casino is one of the leading online casinos in the United States. A number of lottery-style games are available, coming in the form of Keno and scratchcards. Tickets here start at just $0.10, with high rollers being catered for by a maximum bet of $200. Keno Vegas is the top game for those with large budgets, given the $83,000 jackpot. A $5,000 welcome bonus awaits new players, with customers being able to select between US Dollars and different cryptocurrencies. Wild Casino is easy to use on all platforms, with Keno and scratchcards being fully functional on smartphones and tablets. What We Like: What We Don’t Like: While we would recommend any of our top ranked sites, each is slightly different in terms of what they offer players. The table below provides a clear breakdown of the bonuses, games and additional features available. Claiming winnings when playing New York lottery will again depend on the type of game played. When playing an official New York lottery, be sure to keep hold of and sign your ticket. Then, how you claim your prize will depend on the amount in question. For $600 or below, players must do one of the following: – Claim it at any licensed New York Lottery retail location. – Schedule an appointment at any of the Lottery’s Customer Service Centers. – Mail it to the Lottery. Meanwhile, for an amount of $601+, the options below are available: – Schedule an appointment and claim your prize at one of the Lottery’s Customer Service Centers. Appointment is required to claim prize. – Redeem at a local Prize Claim Center. Appointment is not required to claim prize. – Mail it to the Lottery Either way, players must be able to provide the following when claiming their prize: Alternatively, if you have won at one of our recommended online offshore casinos, cash prizes will be easier to get hold of. Simply login to your account and process the payout using your preferred method of payment. US lottery law ranges from state to state. The following are among the most important New York lottery rules to consider before getting started:
5. WildCasino – American, Vegas & Megapays Keno
New York Lottery Sites Compared
Lottery / Bet on Lottery
LBLOCK Jackpot, NFT Draw
50% deposit match up to $1,000
Bet on lottery, Lottery-style casino games
50% casino bonus up to $625
Lottery-style casino games
$250 Sports welcome bonus
Bet on Lottery
$5,000 welcome bonus
Lottery-style casino games
How to Claim a New York Lottery Prize
New York Lottery Rules
What We Like:
What We Don’t Like:
Launched in 2018, Wild Casino is one of the leading online casinos in the United States. A number of lottery-style games are available, coming in the form of Keno and scratchcards. Tickets here start at just $0.10, with high rollers being catered for by a maximum bet of $200. Keno Vegas is the top game for those with large budgets, given the $83,000 jackpot.
A $5,000 welcome bonus awaits new players, with customers being able to select between US Dollars and different cryptocurrencies. Wild Casino is easy to use on all platforms, with Keno and scratchcards being fully functional on smartphones and tablets.
What We Like:
What We Don’t Like:
While we would recommend any of our top ranked sites, each is slightly different in terms of what they offer players. The table below provides a clear breakdown of the bonuses, games and additional features available.
Claiming winnings when playing New York lottery will again depend on the type of game played. When playing an official New York lottery, be sure to keep hold of and sign your ticket. Then, how you claim your prize will depend on the amount in question. For $600 or below, players must do one of the following:
– Claim it at any licensed New York Lottery retail location.
– Schedule an appointment at any of the Lottery’s Customer Service Centers.
– Mail it to the Lottery.
Meanwhile, for an amount of $601+, the options below are available:
– Schedule an appointment and claim your prize at one of the Lottery’s Customer Service Centers. Appointment is required to claim prize.
– Redeem at a local Prize Claim Center. Appointment is not required to claim prize.
– Mail it to the Lottery
Either way, players must be able to provide the following when claiming their prize:
Alternatively, if you have won at one of our recommended online offshore casinos, cash prizes will be easier to get hold of. Simply login to your account and process the payout using your preferred method of payment.
US lottery law ranges from state to state. The following are among the most important New York lottery rules to consider before getting started:
Lottery Games available in New York
A host of different lottery games are now on offer to those living in New York. Below is a breakdown of the most popular, including where they can be played:
New York Specific Lottery Games
New York Lotto has two draws, taking place on Wednesday’s and Saturday’s. As you would expect, only those in New York can purchase tickets. Dating back to 1978, the New York Lotto minimum rollover is now $100,000.
Tips for Playing & Betting on Lotteries in New York
As with any form of gambling, there are no guarantees when it comes to playing the lottery that you will win. While the following tips will not apply to everyone, they can be used as a rule of thumb when getting started on the New York lottery:
- Purchase More than One Ticket – Your chances of winning big from just a single New York lotto ticket are slim to none. While it requires additional investment, consider buying a host of tickets, each with different numbers selected.
- Avoid Consecutive Numbers – Avoid selecting consecutive digits, with studies having shown that draws are more often than not more spread out.
- Target Less High-Profile Draws – Increase your chances of winning by focusing on less popular New York lotteries. For example, a Quick Draw at an obscure time in the morning. Here, less tickets will have been sold.
- Watch the Draw – While this will not improve your chances of success, there is nothing quite like watching the numbers as they fall. The excitement increases when a series of matches occur.
- Bet on Lottery – Consider betting on New York lottery draws with one of our recommended online operators. While the winnings may not be as great, your chances of success are certainly better. With a bet on whether the first ball will be odd or even, you have a 50/50 chance!
Payment Methods at New York Lottery Sites
In order to play number casino games or place bets on lotto draws, money must be added to your account. A number of options are available to players. These include traditional methods and modern platforms. Let’s take a closer look at some of the most popular payment methods:
Credit and debit cards remain the most popular methods of depositing and withdrawing money at lottery sites in New York. With instant deposits and quick payouts, there are rarely any fees involved with this option.
As the best-known cryptocurrency, Bitcoin is readily accepted by the majority of our recommended lottery sites. Transfers will be immediately changed to US Dollars, based on the value of BTC at the time. Bitcoin payments are among the quickest and most secure. If a more diverse cryptocurrency is what you are looking for, check out LuckyBlock.
E-wallets Skrill and Neteller are accepted on some sites too. Offering excellent convenience, speed and security, both platforms have vast experience within the industry. Payouts using such platforms take a matter of hours, with no additional charges being incurred.
Completed via Moneygram, Rapid Transfer is another option available to some lotto players. However, a fee of between 5-10% is likely, making it more expensive than a simple credit/debit card payment.
Other Popular Payment Options
- American Express
New York Lottery App & Mobile Play
A significant proportion of bets are now placed on smartphones or tablets. As such, it is important that lottery betting markets and lottery-style casino games can be accessed on mobile. This is true of our recommended sites, with there being very little difference between desktop and mobile in terms of performance.
All pages have been fully optimized for both iOS and Android devices, meaning that bets can be placed anywhere, at any time. Some of the operators discussed on this page have even invested in dedicated mobile apps, with the following being worth downloading in particular:
Biggest New York Lottery Wins
When it comes to the New York lottery, there have been some very lucky winners over the years. Let’s take a closer look at some of the biggest to date:
September 21, 2021
November 4, 2014
March 25, 2011
7 Co-workers from Albony
December 27, 2011
June 1, 2011
1937 Flatbush Avenue Dodgers LLC
*Information accurate as of May 20, 2022
How We Choose the Best Lotto Sites
The number of websites offering lottery betting markets and games is increasing quickly. Players will want to know that they are taking advantage of nothing but the best sites. So, when reviewing available sites, our experts consider the following factors:
Range of Real Money Lottery Games
Some sites are known for their lottery-style games, such as Keno and Bingo. Meanwhile, others focus on lottery betting. So, be sure that your needs are met in terms of the lottery games available before signing up. For example, playing Keno is very different to betting on the first Powerball number drawn.
Bonus Offers & Promotions
Whether betting on the lottery, playing Keno or buying a lottery ticket, promotions can be utilized. In New York, Quick Draw Extra Power Hours makes it possible for winnings to multiply by up to 10x!
Meanwhile, bonuses offered by our recommended casinos are also rewarding. Both new and existing customers can take advantage, with offers including reload bonuses and no deposit bonuses.
Payout Methods, Transaction Speed & Fees
When betting on the lottery or playing lottery-style games, collecting winnings should be as stress-free as possible. Luckily for New York lottery players, things are generally handled well. Instant payouts are offered on some sites, while the majority of payouts come with no fees.
Availability for New York Players
Those residing in New York have a great deal of options when it comes to playing the lottery. However, with laws in this area being relatively strict still, be sure that you are operating legally. Our recommended offshore casino and sportsbook sites offer an attractive alternative to traditional New York lotteries.
Safety & Security
When purchasing a lottery ticket in New York, be sure to do so with a licensed retailer. A complete list of available vendors can be found online, with all being completely safe and reliable. Meanwhile, whether online, be sure to consider the following points when playing the lottery:
- How long has the site been operating?
- Who is the operator licensed by?
- How quickly are payouts processed?
Read Our Related Pages…
Now that you know all about lotteries in New York, it would be wise to familiarize yourself with other areas of gambling in the US. The pages below provide expert advice and guidance to players:
- Online lotteries – Top 10 best lottery sites in the United States
- Online casino games – A short description about the page
The Overall Best New York Lottery Site
Despite still being relatively new, LuckyBlock is without a doubt our no.1 pick for players in New York, thanks to its large and fast payouts, as well as its unique crypto payment system.
Prize draws take place regularly, with tickets costing just $5 and being available on an easy to use iOS or Android app. Those signing up will become part of a gaming revolution, with LuckyBlock set to become a household name in the future.
Lottery New York FAQs
Can you bet on lotteries in New York?
Yes. Some sites make it possible to bet on lottery draws. However, it is generally only whether the first ball will be odd or even. More detailed markets have yet to be introduced.
Which is the best lottery in New York?
It is difficult to say just one, with New Yorker’s having an array of lotteries to choose from. The Powerball is arguably the most famous, given its huge prize pool. However, Cash4Life and LOTTO also have a host of benefits.
Does New York have a state lottery?
Yes. The New York state lottery, known simply as “LOTTO” is drawn on Wednesday and Saturday evenings.
Is New York a Powerball state?
Absolutely. New York joined Powerball in 2010, following a deal that allowed it to run in the state alongside Mega Millions.
Does New York allow Indian lottery?
No. The Indian lottery is not currently a legal lottery in New York.