A huge day at Lingfield Park this Saturday as they stage their Winter Derby fixture and all eyes will be on the John and Thady Gosden camp as they eye their third straight win in the race at 2.05.
Plus, you can enjoy the Lingfield Winter Derby action with a FREE £30 bet from BetUK – once signed-up simply place a £10 bet and BetUK will give you a FREE £30 bet to use as you wish (Ts&C’s apply).
Winter Derby Runners Down To Eight
At the final declaration stage eight runners will line-up for the Group Two Winter Derby – a race that will reward the winner with £62k. The John Gosden-trained Lord North currently heads the market @10/11 with BetUK, with the next best the William Haggas-trained Alenquer @11/4 with BetUK.
Did You Know? 13 of the last 19 Winter Derby winners came from the top three in the market
Can Trainer John Gosden Grab Another Winter Derby Winner?
Twelve months ago, we saw Forest Of Dean, who is priced @10/1 with BetUK for Saturday’s race, win the Winter Derby – and that was trainer John Gosden’s third straight win in the race. This horse lines up again to defend his crown but this year’s renewal looks a lot stronger.
Forest Of Dean is rated 107, but this year he’ll face his stablemate – Lord North, who is rated 123, plus the 115-rated Alenquer, who was last seen running 9th in the Prix de l’ Arc de Triomphe in October.
Fancy Man a Big Winter Derby Tip Against the Main Two?
Despite being rated just 109, many feel the Richard Hannon-trained Fancy Man @9/2 with BetUK can serve it up to the main two in the market after an easy 2 ¼ length win in the Winter Derby Trial at the track earlier this month.
He had King Of The South back in second that day and looks sure to have that horse’s measure again here. He’ll need to improve again to get competitive with the likes of Lord North and Alenquer, but we know he’s proven at the track and will head here race fit from a recent run – unlike his two rivals.
The concern would be that in the last 15 years we’ve only seen two Winter Derby Trial winners go onto win the Winter Derby that same season.
Winter Derby Tip and Prediction – Lord North @10/11 with BetUK
A fascinating renewal, but it’s hard to ignore the good record in the Winter Derby of trainer John Gosden. He clearly means business again with last year’s winner – Forest Of Dean – in the race again, but the class act here is his LORD NORTH @10/11 with BetUK.
This former Group One winner will find this drop into a Group Three a lot easier for this first run back, so the 336-day break isn’t’ too much of a worry. He’s a horse that’s gone well fresh anyway, and is 1-from-1 on the AW having won at Newcastle back in 2019.
The ratings suggest he’s got 8lbs in-hand with his nearest rival – Alenquer – so in theory would not have to be at the very top of his game to take this.
Back LORD NORTH with BetUK and Get a FREE £30 Bet
What Time Is The Lingfield Winter Derby?
Saturday’s Group 3 Winter Derby will be run at 2.05 at Lingfield racecourse. The race is run over a trip of 1m2f and staged on the the Lingfield Park all weather track.
Lingfield Winter Derby Betting Odds
Lord North @10/11 with BetUK
Alenquer @11/4 with BetUK
Fancy Man @9/2 with BetUK
Forest Of Dean @ 10/1 with BetUK
Al Zaraqaan @13/1 with BetUK
King Of The South @15/1 with BetUK
Pistoletto @29/1 with BetUK
Barn Owl @40/1 with BetUK
Note: Odds are subject to change
Winter Derby Betting Trends
A look back at the last 19 runnings of the Winter Derby – use these key Winter Derby trends to find the best profile of past winners to narrow down the runners.
- 17/19 – Winning distance – 2 lengths or shorter
- 16/19 – Won by a horse aged 6 or younger
- 15/19 – Priced 8/1 or shorter in the market
- 15/19 – Had run at Lingfield previously
- 15/19 – Won over at least 1m2f previously
- 15/19 – Had raced at either Lingfield (11) or Kempton (4) last time out
- 13/19 – Winning distance – less than a length
- 13/19 – Drawn in stall 7 or less
- 13/19 – Came from the top 3 in the market
- 13/19 – Had raced within the last 8 weeks
- 12/19 – Placed in their last race
- 12/19 – Won at Lingfield previously
- 11/19 – Won their last race
- 9/19 – Won at least 6 times previously
- 8/19 – Winning favourites
- 4/19 – Ridden by Frankie Dettori (2 of last 3 runnings)
- 3/19 – Trained by John Gosden (last 3 runnings)
- 2/19 – Ridden by Andrea Atzeni (2 of last 9)
- 2/19 – Ridden by Adam Kirby (2 of last 7)
- Just 2 of the last 15 Winter Derby Trial winners have gone onto win the Winter Derby
- The average winning SP in the 19 renewals is 11/2
If you’re looking to place a wager at Lingfield Park then BetUK is the place to be. Just place an initial qualifying bet of £10 or more, and you’ll receive £30 in free bets – more than enough to place a couple of decent wagers on the big Saturday Lingfield Park races.
How does the BetUK Winter Derby betting offer work?
BetUK have made sure it’s simple to claim your £30 in free bets. However, before you can claim them, you need to sign up – use one of the links on this page to head straight there.
Signed up? Now make a deposit, before then placing a £10 wager with minimum odds of 1/2. When the bet settles, you’ll receive £30 in free bets, which you can use throughout the sportsbook – including to bet on any Lingfield Park race this Saturday (26th Feb 22)
What can I use the Lingfield Winter Derby free bets on?
BetUK have put on a huge selection of betting options for those looking to wager on the Winter Derby, and you can bet on them all with your free bets.
You’ll be able to use your free bets before the race, via the BetUK live bet platform – one of the best live betting platforms around.
It’s also possible to use this free bet elsewhere, such as on one of the many other horse races or sports events covered by BetUK.
Other sports can also be wagered on using these free bets, including football, tennis, UFC, golf and rugby. Fan of horse racing? You’ll also be able to use your free bets on one of the many races offered.
BetUK Winter Derby Horse Racing betting offer T&Cs
Terms & Conditions
- Open only to new BetUK.com players. Aged 18 or over.
- Opt-in required by clicking on the “Claim” button on the player’s “My Offers” page.
- Offer is available on mobile browser and app only.
- Offer must be claimed and qualifying bet must be made within 7 days of registration.
- Only bets with minimum odds of 1.5 qualify for this promotion.
- Qualifying bet must be a bet of at least £10.
- Void, cashed out, or partially cashed out bets do not qualify for this promotion.
- Once the qualifying bet settles 3x £10 free bets will be awarded.
- Free bets must be used on bets with 4 or more selections. Each selection must be at odds of 1.3 or greater.
- The free bets will expire seven days after they are awarded if they remain unused.
- The free bets must be selected for use via the checkbox on the betslip.
- This offer can only be claimed once.
- Free bet stake not included in any winnings.
- Bets placed with free bets do not qualify towards the promotion.
- General promotional terms apply.
- Bet UK general terms & conditions apply.