As part of our 2006/2007 Premiership season-end review, here’s a look at how Tottenham’s season went. Read up, then offer your own advice on how Tottenham can improve this summer.
- Pre-season expectations: Tottenham were hyped up as the Premiership’s best chance of breaking the top-four’s monoply, but realistically speaking Tottenham were looking at repeating their last season’s performance and getting another top-6 finish.
- Season evaluation: Tottenham had a very successful season – and from a neutral’s perspective, Tottenham now have the players and the results to make 5th spot their own and do better in Europe.
- The Big Negative: Lacked defensive solidity at times, and while some of it can be attributed to injuries Tottenham must have defensive cover to prevent it from happening again.
- The Big Positive: A strong core of young quality players plus goal-scoring consistency.
- Summer Priority: Consolidate, keep the star players and bring in an experienced central midfielder and a left winger.
Tottenham have already started their summer transfer business by bringing in Bale – they missed out on Nani but if they can get two more players (left and center mid) plus a tall striker, they will be favourites for that 5th spot and if one of the top four slip up…
Now it’s your turn: How do you think Tottenham can improve this summer?
- The complete list for the Premiership 2006/2007 season reviews.
- Do you have what it takes to be a football manager?