Horse Racing legend and former top jockey, Ruby Walsh, gives his selections for Day 3 at the 2022 Cheltenham Festival. The Irishman has an eye for picking winners and obviously knows racing better than most. Here are his selections for Day 3 of the Festival.
As we head into day two of the Cheltenham Festival we’ve more top tipster advice to guide you through the afternoon. Step forward Ruby Walsh with his top Cheltenham tips for Thursday.
You can back Walsh’s Cheltenham tips on Day 3 in a 7-fold at an incredible 50,264/1!
Top 5 Cheltenham Festival Free Bets
- Fitzdares – Bet £30 & Get a £30 Free Bet
- BetUK– Bet £10 & Get a £50 In Free Bet
- The Pools – Bet £10 Get £20 In Free Bets
- BoyleSports – Bet £10 Get £30 In Free Bets
- 888sport – Bet £10 Get £40 In Free Bets
Ruby Walsh Cheltenham Tips – Day 3
- Galopin Des Champs in the Turners Novices’ Chase (1.30) @ 10/11 with BetUK
- Alaphilippe in the Pertemps Network Final (2.10) @ 5/1 with BetUK
- Allaho in the Ryanair Chase (2.50) @ 8/13 with BetUK
- Champ in the Paddy Power Stayers’ Hurdle (3.30) @ 9/2 with BetUK
- The Glancing Queen in the Plate Handicap Chase (4.10) @ 7/2 with BetUK
- Grangee in the Mares’ Novices’ Hurdle (4.50) @ 8/1 with BetUK
- School Boy Hours in the Kim Muir Challenge Cup (5.30) @ 5/1 with BetUK
Note: Odds are subject to chance and are correct at time of publishing
Walsh is back with more fancies for Day 3 of the 2022 Cheltenham Festival. Walsh has selected an incredible accumulator which works out as 50,264/1 with BetUK! These are those top Ruby Walsh Cheltenham tips for Day 3 at the Festival.
Ruby Walsh Cheltenham Tips – Day 3
Ruby Walsh Cheltenham tip: 1.30 Turners Novices’ Chase – GALOPIN DES CHAMPS @ 10/11 with BetUK
This is a match up between Galopin Des Champs and Bob Olinger. Walsh has always been in favour of the Mullins camp, and he believe Galopin Des Champs is faster and a brilliant jumper. Bob Olinger’s jumping hasn’t been good yet.
Ruby Walsh Cheltenham tip: 2.10 Petemps Network Final – ALAPHILIPPE @ 5/1 with BetUK
He had a brilliant run at Warwick last time out in January. He has some impressive form before that too making Walsh lean towards him in what is a very open race.
Ruby Walsh Cheltenham tip: 2.50 Ryanair Chase – ALLAHO @ 8/13 with BetUK
If Allaho runs anything near like he did last year, that should be more than enough to win again. He has the pace and fleet of foot to blow this race apart and put others under huge pressure. Walsh doesn’t think this will suit Conflated.
Ruby Walsh Cheltenham tip: 3.30 Paddy Power Stayers’ Hurdle – CHAMP @ 9/2 with BetUK
As the ground dries out a bit after Wednesday’s downpour, the better the chance of Champ believes Walsh. The occasion and the ground will b key to Flooring Porter and Klassical Dream if they are to put up a good race.
Ruby Walsh Cheltenham tip: 4.10 Plate Handicap Chase – THE GLANCING QUEEN @ 7/2 with BetUK
Has been mightily impressive over fences this year and in some good form this season. She was beaten by L’Homme Presse in the Dipper Chase here last time out, but Walsh thinks she has a great chance of claiming victory here.
Ruby Walsh Cheltenham tip: 4.50 Mares’ Novices’ Hurdle – GRANGEE @ 8/1 with BetUK
Walsh has decided to edge towards Grangee in an each-way punt. Not convinced by Dinoblue, who may be caught out by inexperience. Brandy Love likes the left handed turn but Walsh isn’t sold on her either.
Ruby Walsh Cheltenham tip: 5.30 Kim Muir Challenge Cup – SCHOOL BOY HOURS @ 5/1 with BetUK
He ran an absolute blinder in the Paddy Power Chase in December over in Ireland at Leopardstown. Derek O’Connor takes to the saddle which is always a bonus. Walsh is a big fan of School Boy Hours.
Bet Ruby Walsh’s Tips
Click the slip below to back Walsh’s tips for Cheltenham Day 3:
Now punters know all the Ruby Walsh Cheltenham tips for Day 3, read all of our other content on the Festival:
- Look at the complete Cheltenham Festival schedule and race times for all 4 days
- There are Ruby Walsh tips on nearly every race at the meeting
- Willie Mullins is favourite in the Cheltenham top trainer odds again
- Wide-open Stayers Hurdle odds suggest we’re in for a cracker
- Check out the top Nico de Boinville Cheltenham rides he has
- The Cheltenham Gold Cup odds put Irish horses to the fore
- Check out last year’s Cheltenham results for a guide to past Festival winners
- There are some important Paul Townend Cheltenham rides coming up
- View the Cheltenham top jockey odds and the race to be leading Festival rider
- There are some great Cheltenham free bets on offer right now
- What at the top Rachael Blackmore Cheltenham rides she has to look forward to
- These Cheltenham betting offers for new and existing customers are well worthwhile
- Check out even more Cheltenham tips during the Festival