As part of our 2006/2007 Premiership season-end review, here’s a look at how Reading’s season went. Read up, then offer your own advice on how Reading can improve this summer.
- Pre-season expectations: Reading were expected to struggle and finish in the bottom 8 of the league at best.
- Season evaluation: Reading were (relatively speaking) the best-performing side of the Premiership this season. Kudos to Coppell.
- The Big Negative: The Cech injury (more than the Cudicini incident) was the only black mark on Reading’s season – although Coppell would do well to bring more top-level experience in the squad.
- The Big Positive: Their style of play – always positive and tactically astute.
- Summer Priority: Build the squad, replace Sidwell and consolidate on this season’s gains.
Reading have to take care not to go the way of Wigan and West Ham next season.
Now it’s your turn: How do you think Reading can improve this summer?
- The complete list for the Premiership 2006/2007 season reviews.
- Do you have what it takes to be a football manager?