Mattress Mack made his return to betting on Monday night as he staked over $3 million on underdogs TCU to beat Georgia in the College Football National Championship final, however this time Mack did not come out on top.
Jim ‘Mattress Mack’ McIngvale is no stranger to placing absolutely enormous bets on the sports he loves as well as backing teams from the state he is from – Texas, so it was no surprise on Monday when Mack revealed his huge bet for the College Championship final.
After being paid out $75 million at the end of last year for his World Series Astros bet, Mack decided to wager a relatively low sum (for him) of just over $3million on the TCU Horned Frogs to cause an upset in the College Football Championship final, but as always there was a catch.
I may look different, but the opportunity should look familiar! Think Astros promotion at @GFToday, with the Frogs on Monday Night. Here's your chance to reward yourself with a great night's sleep, and it could be on us! Go Frogs!!
— @MattressMack (@MattressMack) January 5, 2023
Mack has been selling his mattresses at $3,000 or more and if his bet on TCU won, he was going to not only give the customers their money back but DOUBLE it and let them keep the mattress. Customers will have been eager to take advantage of one of Mack’s famous deal’s, however the risk certainly did’t pay off this time.
TCU got absolutely hammered in the final by a far superior Georgia Bulldogs side, who remain undefeated at the end of the season with a 15-0 record following their 65-7 win over TCU.
— Georgia Football (@GeorgiaFootball) January 10, 2023
Mack’s exact bets on the game were $1.5 million on TCU at +370 with DraftKings, $1.5 million on TCU at +400 with Caesars Sportsbook, and $130,000 on TCU at +380 with WynnBet. However the 71-year old with an estimated net worth of $300 million certainly won’t be losing any sleep over the loss, as he will have probably even seen profit from his mattress promotion as well.
The most disappointing thing about Mack’s bet is that he even made a promotional hype video for TCU to win the final, which obviously backfired in a massive way. Watch the full video below.
MATTRESS MACK REALLY DROPPED A HYPE TAPE FOR HIS $3M TCU NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP BET WITH A PURPLE LAMBO 😭
— br_betting (@br_betting) January 5, 2023
Content You May Like
- Best Online Sportsbooks – We tested and reviewed the best US betting sites.
- Best Soccer Betting Apps In USA for 2022 – The top soccer betting mobile apps reviewed
- Best Offshore Betting Sites – Compare top rated offshore betting sites for your next bets.
- Sportsbook Promo Codes – List of the latest sportsbook promo codes for your NFL bets.
- Best Sports Betting Apps – Guide of top-rated betting apps available in the US.
- Best Bitcoin Sportsbooks – We compared the best sites when it comes to Bitcoin betting
- Best NFL Betting Sites – Compare the top football sportsbooks
- Best NBA Sportsbooks – Compare the best NBA sportsbooks