As part of our 2006/2007 Premiership season-end review, here’s a look at how Manchester City’s season went. Read up, then offer your own advice on how Manchester City can improve this summer.
- Pre-season expectations: To get a top-10 spot – and with the players at Pearce’s disposal, that was achievable (in my personal opinion).
- Season evaluation: ‘Caretaker’ / ‘Psycho’ Pearce failed to get his players to gel together, and while you can always point to the lack of transfer funds it’s still up to the manager to a) bring in the right players with the money available and b) get them to play well together. Pearce didn’t do either and Manchester City suffered.
- The Big Negative: Lack of team spirit.
- The Big Positive: The potential takeover of Manchester City should give the new manager funds to rebuild the squad.
- Summer Priority: Get taken over.
Manchester City need time and money to rebuild – and the next manager should be given both to help push Manchester City into the fold of European contenders.
Now it’s your turn: How do you think Manchester City can improve this summer?
- The complete list for the Premiership 2006/2007 season reviews.
- Do you have what it takes to be a football manager?