The build-up to Irish Oaks 2022 this Saturday is hotting up by the day, but the John Gosden-trained Emily Upjohn remains the hot odds-on favourite to improve on her second in the Epsom Oaks earlier this season. Dettori rides too and with Godsen and Frankie teaming up to win two of the last 5 Irish Oaks, this is another big plus ahead of her chance.
Grab a £20 FREE BET with BOYLESPORTS – Bet £10, Get £20 in Free Bets to use on the Curragh races this week, plus free bets for existing customers if 2nd to SP Favs in daily races (Ts&C’s apply)
RELATED: Check out the best horse racing betting sites and add new bookmakers to your portfolio
Epsom Oaks Runner-up Emily Upjohn All The Rage For Saturday’s Irish Oaks
Emily Upjohn went down by just a shorthead in the Epsom Oaks last month, but the John Gosden-trained 3 year-old stumbled at the start of that race and lost several lengths as a result.
Therefore, many feel, without that begining to the race, she’d have won the Epsom Oaks and would be heading into Saturday’s big Curragh race still unbeaten.
She’s still won three of her four career starts, having bolted up in the Musidora Stakes at York back in May, while connections have kept her fresh for this resisting to run her in other possible race and at Royal Ascot.
Gosden also confirmed last week that Frankie Dettori, who has ridden the filly in her last three starts, will get the leg-up again, plus the yard (and Frankie) have a fine recent record in the Irish Oaks – winning the pot in 2019 (Star Catcher) and 2017 (Enable).
You can back EMILY UPJOHN for the 2022 Irish Oaks @ 1/2 with BoyleSports
Jessie Harrington Upbeat About Her Magical Lagoon
Course winner- Magical Lagoon @ 4/1 with BoyleSports – looks one of the live dangers for the hot favourite, Emily Upjohn, to have to deal with. She was last seen winning the G2 Ribblesdale Stakes at Royal Ascot on her first try over this 1m4f trip.
Another plus, is that her only other career win (from 5 runs) came at the Curragh back last August, so we know the track suits.
The vibes this week coming out of the Harrington camp are possitive too – she told the Racing Post…….
“Magical Lagoon is in great form and all roads lead to the Irish Oaks. She’s had a nice break and it will be just over four weeks since the Ribblesdale, which is the perfect amount of time for her to get over it and to freshen her up.
“We were never going to the Oaks at Epsom and we sidestepped that deliberately. The plan was always to go to Ascot and thankfully it worked out.
“She only ran three times as a two-year-old and has had two starts this season, so I think there’s more to come from her.”
“I knew she was a tough filly and she showed that toughness at Ascot. She really dug in and wouldn’t accept defeat. It was her first time up to a mile and a half and we knew it would suit her. She’s a really nice filly.”
Other Possible 2022 Irish Oaks Runners
It’s no shock that the poweful Aidan O’Brien yard have mopped up six Irish Oaks wins over the years and they could add to that with Tuesday @ 4/1 with BoyleSports, who was the horse to beat Emily Upjohn in the English Oaks last month.
Tuesday has since run against the boys in the Irish Derby, but could only manage 4th that day and was beaten just over 10 lengths. She’s, therefore, on a bit of a recovery mission here and the small worry would be that she’s now raced at the Curragh three times and been beaten on each occasion!
O’Brien has four other possible Irish Oaks runners for this Saturday’s race – Toy, Emily Dickinson, History and Perotan
Of that bunch, History @ 14/1 with BoyleSports, looks their next best having run third in the Ribbelsdale Stakes last time out and was only 3 1/4 lengths behind Magical Lagoon that day. She was stepping up to 1m4f for the first time that day and stayed on well to take the bronze medal in the closing stages. If she can settle a bit better during the early part of the race, this will give her a better chance.
What Time Is The 2022 Irish Oaks?
🕙Time: 3:45pm (UK time)
📅Date: Saturday 16th July 2022
🏇Racecourse: Curragh Races
💰 Winner: €285,000
📺 TV: RacingTV/ITV
DID YOU KNOW? Trainer Aidan O’Brien has won the Irish Oaks 6 times, while Frankie Dettori and John Gosden have teamed up to win 2 of the last 5 renewals.
Irish Oaks 2022 Latest Betting, Runners and Probability Of Winning
|Irish Oaks Horse||Latest Odds||Win Probability||Bookmaker|
|CAIRDE GO DEO||22/1||4.5%|
|SHOW OF STARS||33/1||3%|
All odds correct as of 17:07 BST on Tues, 12 July and subject to change
Irish Oaks Recent Winners
- 2021 – SNOWFALL (2/7 fav)
- 2020 – EVEN SO (10/1)
- 2019 – STAR CATCHER (7/2)
- 2018 – SEA OF CLASS (11/4)
- 2017 – ENABLE (2/5 fav)
- 2016 – SEVENTH HEAVEN (14/1)
- 2015 – COVERT LOVE (7/1)
- 2014 – BRACELET (10/1)
- 2013 – CHICQUITA (9/2)
- 2012 – GREAT HEAVENS (5/4 fav)
Irish Oaks Betting Trends
Help find the winner of Saturday’s Irish Oaks using our key trends and stats.
- 18/19 – Raced within the last 6 weeks
- 17/19 – Finished 1st or 2nd last time out
- 15/19 – Came from the top 3 in the betting
- 14/19 – Returned 9/2 or shorter in the betting
- 14/19 – Won last time out
- 13/19 – Had won between 1-2 times before
- 12/19 – Placed favourites
- 11/19 – Won over 1m4f before
- 9/19 – Won by a UK-based trainer
- 9/19 – Ran in the Epsom Oaks last time out
- 8/19 – Winning distance, 3 lengths or more
- 7/19 – Had won a Group One before
- 7/19 – Winning favourites
- 6/19 – Trained by Aidan O’Brien
- 6/19 – Won the Epsom Oaks last time out
- 4/19 – Ridden by Frankie Dettori (5 wins in total)
- 2/19 – Trained by John Gosden (2 of the last 5)
- The average winning SP in the last 19 years is 9/2
Watch Snowfall Winning The 2021 Irish Oaks
2022 Curragh Race Times and Schedule | Sat 16th July
- 1:30 – Juddmonte Farms Expert Eye Irish EBF (C & G) Maiden (2yo) 7f RTV
- 2:03 – Jebel Ali Racecourse And Stables Anglesey Stakes (Group 3) (2yo) 6½f RTE1
- 2:35 – Paddy Power Scurry Handicap (Premier Handicap) (3yo+) 6½f RTE1
- 3:10 – Barberstown Castle Sapphire Stakes (Group 2) (3yo+) 5f RTE1
- 3:45 – Juddmonte Irish Oaks (Group 1) (Fillies) (3yo) 1m4f ITV
- 4:20 – Kildare Village Ladies Derby Handicap (4yo+) 1m4f RTE1
- 4:50 – DMG Media Nursery Handicap (2yo) 6f RTV
- 5:25 – TaxAssist Accountants Kildare-South Irish EBF Fillies Maiden (3yo+) 1m RTV
Already Have Accounts With Our Featured Bookies? Here Are 10 Up-and-Coming Bookmakers With Cracking Free Bets
See below our select list of some of the newer bookies on the block – but totally trusted bookmakers, that will also have prices ahead of today’s horse racing – best of all they ALL also have ‘must-see’ free bet sign-up offers to take advantage of.
Best New Horse Racing Betting Sites
More Horse Racing Free Bets
Bet £10, Get £30 In Free Bets + £10 Casino Bonus