With NFL Wild Card Weekend in our sights many American Football fans are asking – how many NFL Wild Card teams have won the Super Bowl? We take a look at the 2023 Wild Card Weekend match betting, plus answer that burning question and also give you the latest Super Bowl LVII futures betting odds from new crypto sportsbook Lucky Block.
Quickly Find: 2023 Wild Card Weekend Matches and Betting
Seattle Seahawks @ San Francisco 49ers Money Line Betting & Stats
Los Angeles Chargers @ Jacksonville Jaguars Money Line Betting & Stats
Miami Dolphins @ Buffalo Bills Money Line Betting & Stats
New York Giants @ Minnesota Vikings Money Line Betting & Stats
Baltimore Ravens @ Cincinnati Bengals Money Line Betting & Stats
Dallas Cowboys @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers Money Line Betting & Stats
Super Bowl VII Outright Betting Odds
Best NFL Free Bets for Wild Card Games (14th-16th Jan 2023)
Looking for some action on American Football? Check out the best NFL betting sites.
2023 NFL Wild Card Teams
See below the six 2023 NFL Wild Card teams that will be next in action over the weekend of January 14-16. There are three from the AFC and three from the AFC
AFC Wild Card Teams
- Los Angeles Chargers
- Baltimore Ravens
- Miami Dolphins
NFC Wild Card Teams
- Dallas Cowboys
- New York Giants
- Seattle Seahawks
2023 NFL Play-off Dates
- Wild Card Weekend: January 14-16
- Divisional Play-offs: January 21-22
- Conference: January 29
- Super Bowl LVII: February 12
NFL Play-Off Format
See below the NFL Play-off schedule and the route to Super Bowl LVII, which will be staged on Sunday February 12.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Were the Last NFL Wild Card Super Bowl Winners
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers, in 2020, were the last NFL Wild Card side to go all the way and win the Super Bowl. With Tom Brady at the helm, Tampa started the 2020 playoffs seeded 5 after a 11-5 regular season.
Tampa Bay beat Washington (4th Seed), then New Orleans (2nd Seed) and then Green Bay (1st Seed) on their way to Super Bowl 55. The Kansas City Chiefs were waiting for the Bucs in the final match, but it was one-way traffic with Tampa running out 31-9 winners at the Raymond James Stadium.
The Bucs also created a bit of history that year as they were the first team to play a Super Bowl at their home stadium.
How Many NFL Wild Card Teams Went Onto Win The Super Bowl?
Tampa Bay, in 2020, become only the seventh wild card team to win the Super Bowl.
It was the Oakland Raiders, in 1980, that will always be remembered as the first NFL Wild Card team to go all the way and lift the Lombardi Trophy.
See below the seven wild card teams that defied the odds to win the Super Bowl
- Oakland Raiders (1980), 4th seed: 27-10 vs Philadelphia (Super Bowl 15)
- Denver Broncos (1997), 4th seed: 31-24 vs Packers (Super Bowl 32)
- Baltimore Ravens (2000), 4th seed: 34-7 vs Giants (Super Bowl 35)
- Pittsburgh Steelers (2005), 6th seed: 21-10 vs Seahawks (Super Bowl 40)
- New York Giants (2007), 5th seed: 17-14 vs New England Patriots (Super Bowl 43)
- Green Bay Packers (2010), 6th seed: 31-25 vs Steelers (Super Bowl 45)
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2020), 5th seed: 31-9 vs Kansas City Chiefs (Super Bowl 55)
See below the latest Super Bowl VII futures betting odds from Lucky Block before this weekend’s NFL Wild Card games. The 2-time Super Bowl winner the Kansas City Chiefs are the current Super Bowl LVII favourites – they’ve got a bye into the Divisional play-offs being one of the number one seeds.
200% Bonus up to 10,000 EUR + 50 Free Spins
Terms and conditions apply, 18 and above
Terms and conditions apply, 18 and above
|Super Bowl LVII Betting Odds||Money Line||Play|
Kansas City Chiefs
San Francisco 49ers
Los Angeles Chargers
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
New York Giants
NFL Wild Card Weekend Fixtures and Money Line Betting
See below all of the 2023 NFL Wild Card fixtures and their head-to-head records (based on all regular season and postseason games)
Saturday, January 14, 2023
Sunday, January 15, 2023
Monday, January 16, 2023
Note: Odds are subject to change
$5,625 in NFL Wild Card Free Bets If You Join All Four Leading Sportsbooks With Promo Code: INSIDERS
See below the best four Sportsbooks to place your NFL Wild Card bets with using our promo code INSIDERS with each one. If you take advantage of all their welcome bonus offers, you’ll have a cool $5,625 to use on any of the NFL wild card games (14th-16th Jan 2023).
|Welcome Bonus||Promo Code||Minimum Odds||Expiration Date||Sign-Up|
|BetOnline||$1,000: 50% deposit match up to
|Bovada||$750: 100% deposit match up to
|BetUS||$3,125: 125% deposit match up to
|Everygame|| $750: 100% deposit match up to
Content You May Like
- Best NFL Betting Sites – Discover our list of the best sites to bet on NFL games.
- NFL Live Betting – Our top NFL experts are sharing their daily picks.
- Best Online Sportsbooks – We tested and reviewed the best US betting sites.
- Best Offshore Betting Sites – Compare top rated offshore betting sites for your next bets.
- Sportsbook Promo Codes – List of the latest sportsbook promo codes for your NFL bets.
- Best Sports Betting Apps – Guide of top rated betting apps available in the US.
- Best Bitcoin Sportsbooks – We compared the best sites when it comes to Bitcoin betting .