On Thursday, 6 January, the horse racing NAP of the Day from SportsLens experts is Marco Island. He runs in the 2m maiden hurdle at Chepstow (12:40). Anthony Honeyball’s horse appeals as the best value Bet of the Day at tempting 10/3 odds.
A course bumper winner on his racecourse debut last month, Marco Island represents an in-form stable. The quick switch to hurdles and his debut here suggests he may already be tuned up for the obstacles. This five-year-old son of Mahler is one of the least exposed runners in the field, so rates the NAP of the Day for 6 January. See more reasons to back our latest Bet of the Day below…
Why will NAP of the Day Marco Island win?
Honeyball could hardly have started 2022 any better with three of his six runners since the New Year began winning. That 50 per cent strike rate shows the yard is in terrific heart. Backing Honeyball horses at Chepstow blind down the years on horse racing betting sites would see punters into profit. A £1 level stake on all of the stable’s runners at this venue would have resulted in being £8.53 up.
As Marco Island shares a sire with plenty of horses that like soft ground, on pedigree he should handle a more testing surface than he encountered at the track in December. He made good headway up the nearside rail that day. Marco Island threw down his challenge approaching two out and led before the furlong marker.
He then stayed on and only needed riding by Sean Houlihan for a 2 1/4 lengths success. Those in behind Marco Island were well strung out and it’s interesting that connections switch to hurdles so quickly. Even a 2m will take some getting in these conditions, so his stamina should see him to good effect.
Marco Island also has Aidan Coleman in the saddle for the first time. He has a 25 per cent strike rate with his mounts at Chepstow this season so far. Marco Island thus looks well worth a wager for a successful hurdles bow. A £25 punt on him at his current price returns £108.33. Should Marco Island fail to follow-up, then QuinnBet refund losing stakes up to £25 as a free bet.
New Customers Get a First Day of Risk Free Betting up to £25 at QuinnBet this Thursday
Getting 50% of first day sportsbook losses refunded as a free bet of up to £25 when you place three wagers after joining QuinnBet is their new customer offer. This great deal is open to all SportsLens readers that don’t have an account with this online bookmaker already. Register with QuinnBet, then make a deposit via a compatible payment option with the welcome bonus. Now place three qualifying sportsbook bets with minimum odds of Evens (2.00). All Bet of the Day selections meet this requirement, so that should help you get started at QuinnBet.
Find two other fancies alongside the NAP of the Day or pick different punts. Should there be losses in the account at the end of the first day after opening it, then half of those are refunded as a free bet of up to £25. New customers also receive 10 Free Spins on a featured slot in the QuinnBet online casino. Further T&Cs apply. Even if the account balance is up, then a £5 free bet and those free spins are awarded. Nobody misses out win or lose with the QuinnBet welcome bonus.
How to Claim a £25 Risk Free Bet
- Join Quinnbet and log in to the account
- Make a deposit but don’t use Neteller or Skrill
- Place 3 qualifying bets with minimum odds of Evens (2.00)
- If account is down, get up to a £25 free bet (+10 Free Spins)
- If account is up, receive a £5 free bet (+10 Free Spin)
Not sure where to bet? Have a look at our list of the best horse racing betting sites.
Interested in the Cheltenham Festival? Follow our guides:
- Looking to wager on Cheltenham? Have a look here for the best Cheltenham betting sites.
- Looking for bonuses? We selected the best Cheltenham free bets.
- You can find even more promo on our dedicated Cheltenham betting offers
- Use the highest odds and earn even more, have a look at the best Cheltenham odds.
- Not sure how to bet? Follow our expert betting tips and predictions about Cheltenham.
- You can find the last Cheltenham Festival results here.
- Looking to watch horse races online? Have a look at the best live horse racing streaming sites.
Interested in the Gold Cup? Follow our guides:
- Gold Cup betting guide and sites
- Gold Cup betting offers
- Gold Cup free bets bonuses
- Gold Cup tips & predictions
- Gold Cup best odds
Interested in the Grand National? Follow our guides: