The horse racing NAP of the Day with SportsLens tipsters on Friday, 4 March is Peking Rose. He runs in the extended 2m 4f novice hurdle at Newbury today (3:30). This Fergal O’Brien runner is top among our experts’ best horse racing tips today at a fine 5/2 price.
Connections step course winner Peking Rose up in trip beyond an extended 2m for the first time. Given his horse racing background in bumpers and form in National Hunt Flat races, that promises to suit. The seven-year-old son of Passing Glance looks well worth another chance now dropped in grade from Listed level to this Class 4 contest. Read more about our tipsters’ best Bet of the Day for 4 March below…
Why will horse racing NAP of the Day Peking Rose win?
It has certainly paid for punters to follow the O’Brien stable at Newbury down the years. Backing all his runners blind at this venue on horse racing betting sites throughout his training career would’ve yielded £16.62 profit to a £1 level stake. The yard also has a 26 per cent strike rate with its horses this season.
Peking Rose progressed in bumpers last season, winning his racecourse debut at Carlisle. He then stepped up on a fourth place in Listed company at Ascot when running on superbly to be runner-up in an Aintree Grade 2. Peking Rose was only half-a-length behind Knappers Hill, who won his first two outings over obstacles this season and ran a fine sixth in the ultra-competitive Betfair Hurdle at Newbury last time out.
There was plenty of promise in his own hurdles debut at Ascot too. The Ascot race results show Peking Rose home in third and only beaten a couple of lengths. Shallwehaveonemore, the runner-up that day, has since finished fourth in the Grade 1 Tolworth and then bolted up at Sandown. That one has also finished runner-up in a Kempton Grade 2.
Peking Rose then scored by 11 lengths here on his penultimate start. He was then far from disgraced when runner-up in a Listed event at Exeter when held less than three lengths by previous course winner Lac De Constance. With Paddy Brennan again in the saddle and scoring on three of his last six rides, Peking Rose looks well worth a wager. A £10 bet at his current price returns £35 and qualifies new 888Sport customers for £45 in bonuses.
Horse Racing NAP of the Day – New Customers Bet £10 & Get £45 in Free Bets at 888Sport
At a time when horse racing is getting busy, how does £45 in free bets sound? These are available to all SportsLens readers that don’t already have an account with 888Sport. Sign up using promo code HR45 and put on a £10 qualifying bet. Using the horse racing NAP of the Day makes sense for this.
New customers must deposit of £10 or more via Debit Card first, because eWallets like Skrill, Paysafecard, PayPal and Neteller aren’t compatible payment methods for this deal. The qualifying sportsbook bet, meanwhile, must have minimum odds of 1/2 (1.50).
After that settles, then 888Sport’s new customer betting offer credits the first of three £15 free bet tokens to accounts. The other two follow when logging in on each of the next two Fridays. These free bets are for horse racing wagers only, though, and other T&Cs apply.
Springtime and the major horse racing festivals will soon be here. This is why 888Sport are among Cheltenham non runner no bet bookmakers for all their ante post betting. This welcome bonus is a great excuse to sign up and receive some bonuses for the major jumps meeting.
How to Get that Welcome Bonus
To have £45 in Cheltenham free bets just from betting £10 on our horse racing NAP of the Day selection is sound strategy. If this offer appeals, then follow these six simple steps:
- New customers register with 888Sport with promo code HR45
- Deposit £10+ via Debit Card (don’t use eWallets)
- Place a £10 qualifying bet with minimum odds of 1/2 (1.50)
- After this settles, get the first £15 free bet token automatically
- Receive 2 more £15 free bet tokens when logging in on the next two Fridays
- All free bets are for horse racing markets only and expire after 3 days
Related to Horse Racing NAP of the Day
This Friday, we’ve plenty of other horse racing content for punters that fancy a bet:
- Get the latest Spreadex analysis and recommended spread bets from top tipster Andrew Mount
- Pick up Newbury placepot tips for the entire card for those who like to bet on the Tote
- See today’s Lucky 15 tips containing more of our experts’ best bets
- Read all about Andrew Mount’s Friday fancies from Doncaster and Lingfield
- Discover even more horse racing tips today from across the cards in the UK and Ireland
Cheltenham Festival Coming Very Soon
Beside today’s horse racing NAP of the Day, check out all of this Cheltenham content to get punters in the mood for Festival fever:
- View the full 2022 Cheltenham Festival schedule and race times
- Honeysuckle heads Champion Hurdle odds and betting again
- Shishkin is a strong fancy in the Queen Mother Champion Chase odds this year
- Competitive Stayers Hurdle odds mean we’ve a great race on our hands
- Cheltenham Gold Cup odds say the Irish hold all the aces in the big race
- We’ve also looked into Paul Townend Cheltenham rides at the meeting
- Get six of the best Rachael Blackmore Cheltenham rides come the Festival
The Grand National at Aintree up Next
Hot off the heels of Cheltenham, there is the world’s most famous steeplechase, the Grand National at Aintree in April. The hype begins here:
- Around 90 Grand National runners remain in contention, so read our expert guide to this year’s race
- Read up on Grand National betting offers and promotions for new and existing customers
- Discover how the Grand National odds are shaping up
- Our experts also discuss Grand National free bets and how to get them