The horse racing NAP of the Day with SportsLens tipsters on Monday, 4 April is Bavington Bob. He runs in the extended 2m 7f handicap chase at Kelso today (3:35). Ann Hamilton’s thriving horse is once again our best value Bet of the Day at terrific odds of 13/8.
Despite representing one of the smallest horse racing outfits in the UK, Bavington Bob has had a brilliant season. A winner of his three of his four outings over fences so far, he could still be getting even better. This seven-year-old son of Court Cave thus rates our horse racing NAP of the Day for 4 April.
Why will horse racing NAP of the Day Bavington Bob win?
The only horse to beat Bavington Bob in a steeplechase so far, Sounds Russian, went down all guns blazing when held just half-a-length by Dusart at Ayr on Saturday. That one ran off 145 for that racing result, so a mark of 130 looks lenient for our NAP of the Day here. Sounds Russian won his next two, but Bavington Bob has since hit a hat-trick.
That Sedgefield form stacks up but so does his subsequent win at Newcastle when stepped up to this trip. The runner-up, Houston Texas, has gone one better on his next two starts. He was our winning Bet of the Day back on 28 February. Bavington Bob then won up at Gosforth Park again off 117.
Potentially Still Well-Handicapped
He completed the hat-trick when last in action at Carlisle when rated 125. As Bavington Bob won going away by three-quarters of a length, a further 5lb rise looks fair, especially judged against Sounds Russian’s mark. Brian Hughes, who is three from four on Bavington Bob, also takes the ride again with horse racing betting sites cottoning on to the champion jockey elect.
Despite hailing from a modest yard, this stable is highly effective with its ammunition. Hamilton has an incredible 41 per cent strike rate with her runners this season, yielded £22.32 profit from a £1 level stake. It’s an incredible return and one of the reasons why Bavington Bob is the NAP of the Day again today. A £10 punt on him at his current price returns £26.25 with 888Sport and qualifies new customers for £40 in bonuses.
New Customers Bet £10 & Get £30 in Free Bets + £10 Casino Bonus at 888Sport
More on that new customer betting offer at 888Sport now. Punters can back our horse racing NAP of the Day and get this great deal at the same time. It’s a bet £10 and get £30 + £10 casino bonus promotion that any SportsLens readers that don’t already have an account with them can get.
Simply register with 888Sport using promo code 30FB, then deposit £10 or more via Debit Card. Don’t use eWallets such as MuchBetter, Neteller, Skrill, Paysafecard and PayPal, as these payment options aren’t compatible with unlocking the bonus.
After new customers fund their account, place a £10+ qualifying sportsbook bet at minimum odds of 1/2 (1.50). Our horse racing NAP of the Day meets those requirements. Once this settles, new customers get 3x £10 free bets credited automatically. Further T&Cs apply to the casino bonus, which is claimed separately.
How to Get that Welcome Bonus
Stake just £10 on today’s horse racing NAP of the Day to receive £30 in free bets with 888Sport as a new customer, plus a £10 casino bonus. Want this welcome offer? Then just follow these steps:
- New customers join 888Sport using promo code 30FB
- Deposit £10+ via Debit Card (don’t use eWallets)
- Put on a £10+ qualifying bet at minimum odds of 1/2 (1.50)
- Once this settles, receive 3x £10 free bets automatically
- All free bets are valid for 7 days
- Claim a £10 casino bonus with separate T&Cs within 7 days
Related to Our Horse Racing NAP of the Day
It’s a big week in UK horse racing, so there is plenty more besides the NAP to look at on SportsLens:
- Today’s featured course in the Placepot tips is Kelso, so see who else to back on the Tote
- View all of our best horse racing tips today from across the British Isles
- We haven’t forgotten about spread betting fans either with Spreadex analysis on offer
- Bavington Bob is one of our Lucky 15 tips today, so check out the other three
- Top tipster Andrew Mount gives his best bets from Monday’s cards
On Saturday – The Grand National at Aintree
The reason why it’s a big week in the sport is the Grand National at Aintree headlines Saturday’s card. Ahead of the world’s most famous steeplechase on Merseyside, we have tons of related content:
- See all the Grand National runners set to make the final field of 40
- Look at past Grand National results and recent winners of the big race
- Pick up some Grand National free bets for betting on the Aintree showpiece
- All the latest Grand National odds and betting indicate fancied runners
- Check out the Grand National betting offers for new and existing customers
- Discover helpful hints and Grand National tips so punters can bet smarter