The horse racing NAP of the Day on Thursday, 28 July with SportsLens tipsters is Nashwa. She runs in the feature Group 1 at Glorious Goodwood this afternoon, the 1m 2f Nassau Stakes for fillies and mares (3:35). Next best, meanwhile, is an each way play on Deauville Legend in the 1m 4f Group 3 Gordon Stakes for three-year-olds (3:00).
Both of these selections from our horse racing experts come into today off the back of big wins. Get the lowdown on why to back them both below:
- 3:00 Goodwood – DEAUVILLE LEGEND (NB E/W) @ 10/1 with 888Sport
- 3:35 Goodwood – NASHWA (NAP) @ 11/10 with 888Sport
Why will horse racing NAP of the Day Nashwa win?
John Gosden has won the Nassau Stakes three times in the last 10 years and his Nashwa comes out 4lbs and upwards clear of the field on adjusted ratings. It’s surprising that she isn’t odds-on with the best UK betting sites to follow-up on her Prix de Diane victory in France last time out. Race terms suit this three-year-old Frankel filly over her optimum trip.
It’s clear that Naswha didn’t stay 1m 4f when third in The Oaks at Epsom races last month, However, dropping her back in distance for that cross-Channel raid to Chantilly worked out perfectly. Better ground is no problem for Nashwa as wins at Haydock and Newbury, the latter over this trip, show.
In-form Doyle on today’s horse racing NAP once more.
Regular jockey Hollie Doyle, three from five aboard her, again takes the ride. She has a 22 per cent strike rate in the saddle over the last fortnight. The Gosden team also have a 20 per cent win ratio with their runners at Goodwood races this season. Backing all of those blind would see punters £3 up off a £1 level stake.
Taking all that into account, plus the 9lb weight for age she gets from older fillies and mares, Nashwa just had to be our horse racing NAP of the Day on 28 July. Punters can more than double their money at her current price of 11/10, so a £10 punt with 888Sport returns £21 if she follows-up on that French Classic triumph now pitched in against her elders.
Deauville Legend overpriced & EW value in Gordon Stakes
Prior to the Nassau, the next recognised St Leger trial, the Gordon Stakes sees Deauville Legend try to defy a penalty for trainer James Ferguson. As a gelding, he can’t go on to Doncaster races in the autumn but there are international options for non-entire winners of this contest, like the Melbourne Cup a la Cross Counter.
A son of Sea The Stars, Deauville Legend went one better when stepping into Group company for the first time when last in action at Newmarket. The form of his previous race result from the royal meeting at Ascot has worked out well. Deauville Legend just failed to get up and went down gaining all the way to the line behind Secret State in the King George V Stakes.
NB bet has form advertised just yesterday at this meeting
The head winner landed a Goodwood handicap and was our winning horse racing NAP of the Day yesterday. Victory in the Bahrain Trophy in this grade since means Deauville Legend concedes weight all-round. He shouldn’t lack stamina, however, based on his pedigree. Daniel Muscutt rode a winner returned at 18/1 by horse racing betting sites at the glorious meeting just yesterday, so he’s a jockey in form.
Despite coming up against some more unexposed types, Deauville Legend looks well worth backing each way at double figure odds of 10/1. A £10 unit stake on such a bet with 888Sport returns £140 if he wins again. It’s 2/1 for Deauville Legend to hit the frame at that price too. New customers who sign up and place a £10 win or each way wager qualify for £40 in bonuses with more details below…
New Customers Bet £10 & Get £30 in Free Bets + £10 Casino Bonus at 888Sport
Want more info on that new customer betting offer with 888Sport? This is a bet £10 and get £30 + £10 casino bonus deal available to all SportsLens readers who don’t already have an account with this online bookie.
Sign up to 888Sport using promo code 30FB, then deposit £10 or more via Debit Card. Don’t use eWallets such as MuchBetter, Neteller, PayPal, Paysafecard and Skrill as these payment methods aren’t compatible with unlocking the bonus.
Once new customers fund their account, place a £10+ qualifying sportsbook bet with minimum odds of 1/2 (1.50). Both our horse racing NAP of the Day and NB bet have that covered. After the wager settles, new customers receive 3x £10 free bets credited automatically. Additional T&Cs apply to the casino bonus, which is claimed separately.
How to Get that Welcome Bonus
Stake just £10 (win and/or each way) on either of our top horse racing bets today and new customers get £30 in free bets with 888Sport, plus that £10 casino bonus. Follow these six simple steps to claim the offer today:
- New customers sign up to 888Sport using promo code 30FB
- Deposit £10+ via Debit Card (don’t use eWallets)
- Place a £10+ qualifying bet with minimum odds of 1/2 (1.50)
- Once this settles, receive 3x £10 free bets automatically
- All free bets are valid for 7 days
- Claim a £10 casino bonus with separate T&Cs within 7 days
Related to Our Horse Racing NAP of the Day
Here are all of the latest daily horse racing betting tips available on SportsLens:
- Top tipster Andrew Mount has three Thursday fancies punters can back
- Glorious Goodwood is where our each way tip of the day runs this afternoon too
- There are plenty of existing customer free bets and bookmaker offers on horse racing today
- For fans of Tote betting, there are Placepot tips from the middle day of the Glorious meeting at Goodwood
- Check out Galway Hurdle trends and tips before taking a punt on the big betting race in Ireland
- Look out for Lucky 15 tips from Glorious Goodwood with four fancies in one sweet system bet
- Paul Kelly is back with more Galway Festival betting tips for the fourth day of the week-long extravaganza
- Here are specific Glorious Goodwood betting offers and free bets for day 3 of the meeting
- Our experts have all the horse racing tips today from every UK and Irish track
- Get Goodwood betting tips for televised races on the third day of the Qatar Goodwood Festival