ACC football kicks off the NCAAF week nine schedule when the Virginia Tech Hokies take on the Wolfpack of North Carolina State on Thursday. We take a look the game’s odds, spread and lines while offering our best bets and picks.
Virginia Tech Hokies @ #24 North Carolina State
Where and when?
- Kick-off: Thursday, 10/27/2022 7:30 pm EST.
- Venue: Carter-Finley Stadium, Raleigh, NC.
- TV: Live on ESPN and the ESPN Sports app.
What are the odds?
|Total Points Line
*Odds courtesy of Bovada. Prices correct at time of writing and are subject to fluctuation.
Best Betting Sites for NCAA Football
Wolfpack will be howling on Thursday according to bookies
Virginia Tech will be looking to improve on their 2-5 record when they head to Raleigh on Thursday evening. The Hokies are currently on a four-game losing stretch and things won’t get easier against the Wolfpack.
The oddsmakers say NC State are big favorites in this one with a spread of 13.5 favoring the home team. The total points line is set at a measly 39.5 as sportsbooks expect this one to be a defensive slugfest.
NC State will be keen to improve on their number 24 ranking having lost two of their last three. However, losses to very good Syracuse and Clemson teams shouldn’t count against them too much, especially with this step down in class.
How will this game be decided?
With the Wolfpack’s starting QB Devin Leary done for the season, they turn again to backup Jack Chambers (pictured above). The graduate transfer from Charleston Southern struggled against Syracuse last time out, but fresh off the bye, he has had more time to adapt and prepare for this Hokies encounter.
When looking at matchups for this one, it is not difficult to see why the bookies have the total points line where it is. The offenses seem impotent and the defenses will likely have their way.
For NC State, the best bet to move the ball will be on the ground. Their run blocking is among the best in college football and they should look to exploit it. However, the issue is they are only averaging about 3.8 yards per carry on the season so far.
There is even less hope for Virginia Tech and this anemic offense against a highly rated NC State D. It is simply very difficult to see how they get yardage and points. They look outmatched in every department.
What are the best bets and picks?
With such a low line, our initial thought was to check the weather forecast, but that is clear. But when looking at this matchup it does appear brutal for both teams and it is difficult to see where points are coming from. Our best bets and picks will be based on this.
- Best Bet: Under 39.5 @ -110 with Bovada
- Bonus Pick: First Score to be a Touchdown – NO @ +195 with Bovada
Content You May Like
- Best Free Bets Offers – Claim the best free bets offers and bet risk free!.
- Best Online Sportsbooks – We tested and reviewed the best US betting sites.
- Best Offshore Betting Sites – Compare top rated offshore betting sites for your next bets.
- Sportsbook Promo Codes – List of the latest sportsbook promo codes for your NFL bets.
- Best Sports Betting Apps – Guide of top rated betting apps available in the US.
- Best Bitcoin Sportsbooks – We compared the best sites when it comes to Bitcoin betting .