As part of our 2006/2007 Premiership season-end review, here’s a look at how Blackburn’s season went. Read up, then offer your own advice on how Blackburn can improve this summer.
- Pre-season expectations: Blackburn were expected to repeat their achievements of last season and push for a European spot.
- Season evaluation: Ultimately just 4 points off the pace, Blackburn did well this season. They could have done better, especially in Europe, but at this point Blackburn have a solid foundation on which to prepare for the next season.
- The Big Negative: Blackburn lacked fludity at times and that can be attributed to the absence of a creative central midfielder. It also cost them several games as they just couldn’t convert possession into dominance.
- The Big Positive: Benni McCarthy’s signing not only brought in a profit, it also got them plenty of goals.
- Summer Priority: Strengthen defense and central midfield.
Blackburn have a good set of players and under Mark Hughes they can look forward to playing for Europe again next season.
Now it’s your turn: How do you think Blackburn can improve this summer?
- The complete list for the Premiership 2006/2007 season reviews.
- Do you have what it takes to be a football manager?