A cracking renewal of the 2022 Scottish Grand National in prospect this Saturday as 24 runners line-up for the Ayr race. To help your enjoyment of the big race here at SportsLens we’ve listed the best Scottish Grand National betting offers to take advantage of.
Best Scottish Grand National Betting Offers
Bet £10 Get £30 In Free Bets
- Great new customer welcome bonus
- Plenty of chances to earn Odds Boosts
- Very mobile friendly betting app
Scottish Grand National 2022 Runners and Riders
At this stage there are 24 Scottish Grand National runners heading to post for Saturday’s big race at Ayr – we take a look at each runner in more detail here on our Scottish Grand National runners and riders page.
How Many Scottish Grand National Favourites Have Won Recently?
The 2022 Scottish Grand National favourite this year is likely to be the Christian Williams-trained Kitty’s Light @ 6/1 with BetUK. It’s easy to see why this 6 year-old has been well-supported in the Scottish Grand National betting market after a solid second in the the Coral Trophy Handicap last time out.
However, with 16 of the last last 18 Scottish National winners aged 8 or older, plus just one previous winner aged 6 (Earth Summit, 1994), then the trends suggest Kitty’s Light might be worth taking on.
Add in that, we’ve only seen one winning Scottish Grand National favourite win the race in the last 18 runnings, then this is another potential negative for the likely market leader.
In the build up to the race, Kitty’s Light is facing strong challenges from Stormy Judge @ 13/2 with BetUK, Win My Wings @ 7/1 with BetUK and Ashtown Lad @ 8/1 with BetUK for the Scottish National favourites berth.
Scottish Grand National 2022 Betting Tips
With 24 runners heading to post for the 2022 Scottish Grand National there will be a lot of horses tipped to win. We take a look at the race in more detail here – giving you our two best Scottish Grand National tips for the 2022 race.
Scottish Grand National 2022 Trends
Saturday’s Scottish Grand National will have a field of 24 runners, so to help narrow down the Scottish Grand National runners we’ve highlighted the key trends and stats to apply to the race.
For example – 16 of the last 18 Scottish Grand National winners were aged 8 or older, while we’ve only seen one winning Scottish Grand National favourite in the last 18 renewals.
Use our 2022 Scottish Grand National trends to help the best profile based on past winners.
Scottish Grand National Sign up Offers For New Customers
With the Scottish Grand National this Saturday the online bookmakers will start to introduce their improved Scottish Grand National offers.
With new bookmakers popping up each month the competition for players is high, but as a new customer this is great news in terms of getting the best Scottish Grand National FREE BET offers.
How Do You Join A Scottish Grand National Bookmaker?
Just take a look at our many free bet offers in the tables on this page – then find an offer you like, click on that sign-up deal and you’ll be taken to that bookmaker site.
Simply, head to their joining page, fill out a few personal details and then your new Scottish Grand National bookmaker account will be created.
Then, just read the simple Ts&C’s of that bookmaker’s free bet offer for new customers to unlock your Scottish Grand National free bets – most will require you to just place an initial bet (can be on anything, from horse racing to football) and once that bet has been settled a free bet will be added to your account.
Scottish Grand National Offers For Existing Customers
Once you’ve signed up with your new Scottish Grand National bookmaker(s) another bonus is that once you’ve snapped up your new customer free bet, you will then transfer over to become an ‘existing customer’ – you can see the best Scottish Grand National existing customer offers here.
In order to keep you interested, most bookmakers will add daily, weekly and monthly offers to their sites and your accounts to enhance your betting experience.
- Scottish Grand National Best Odds Guaranteed – An offer some bookmakers will have, meaning if you take a price of a horse (normally on the day of the race) and it drifts and wins to a bigger price, that bookmaker will pay you out and the larger SP odds. (just look under each bookmaker’s promo pages to see if they offer BOG)
- Scottish Grand National Non Runner, No Bet (NRNB) – In the build-up to the Scottish Grand National, most bookmaker’s will offer a safety net (NRNB) should your horse not run in the race. It simply means they will return your stake if it doesn’t run in the race.
- Enhanced Scottish Grand National Odds – Look out for Scottish Grand National ‘price boosts’ and ‘enhanced Scottish Grand National odds’ in the build up to the race. Some will have offer enhanced odds on certain runners in the Scottish Grand National in another bid to attract your custom.
- Scottish Grand National Extra Place Betting Odds – Being a handicap of 16+, then the normal place terms for the Scottish Grand National and each-way purposes are first, second, third and fourth. However, with there being 40 runners, many bookmakers will increase their place terms and offer ‘extra places’ that can sometimes extend to the first 8, 9 or even 10 places.
- Scottish Grand National Second to SP Favourite – Another popular offer for some bookmakers, is to give your money back as a free bet (up to a certain stake) should your Scottish Grand National horse finish second to the SP favourite in the race.
- Scottish Grand National Faller Insurance – With many trick fences to jump in the Scottish Grand National, then another leading bookmaker offer to look for is money back (normally as a free bet) if your horse falls, unseats or is brought down in the race.
It’s never great to see your Scottish Grand National fancy take a tumble in the race, but if it does (and you bet with a bookie that offers this), then sometimes it’s not the end of the world.
How Can You Stream Or Watch The Scottish Grand National?
Once you’ve signed up with your Scottish Grand National bookmaker, many will offer you the chance to watch daily horse racing from Ireland and the UK.
Some will require you to have placed a bet on the race you want to watch, while others will let you watch a horse race via their site free of charge.
This live horse racing streaming will, therefore, cover the 2022 Scottish Grand National so if you are out and about of can’t watch the Scottish Grand National on terrestrial television (ITV), you’ll be able to steam the Scottish Grand National on your mobile phone of computer.
Get The Best Scottish Grand National Odds
The competition for betting on the Scottish Grand National is always competitive between the bookmakers – but this is top news for horse racing bettors.
This means there are a lot of competitive Scottish Grand National betting odds, so the advice is always to shop around.
Have Several Bookmaker Accounts To Get The Best Scottish Grand National Value – Yes, having one bookmaker is fine, but with prices varying between each layer, then it can often pay to have several accounts in your corner.
This way you can compare Scottish Grand National prices and make sure you are always getting the best value – it’s no different than going shopping, why take 10/1 on your Scottish Grand National fancy when another bookmaker is offering 12/1?
That’s a two point difference, so if you are betting at just £10, that will mean an extra £20 if that Scottish Grand National horse wins the race.
How Do You Place A Bet On The Scottish Grand National?
Once you’ve signed up to opened up your new Scottish Grand National betting account head to their ‘horse racing’ sections.
- Find The Scottish Grand National race (2nd April 2022, Ayr)
- If you are betting on the race before the 2nd April, then most bookmakers will have the odds/race in their ‘Ante-Post’ sections
- Once you find the race, you’ll see a list of runners and their best odds
- Click on the horse you want to bet on and this will be populated in what’s called a ‘bet slip’
- A bet slip will be a provide a mini summary of your bet details (horse, time, venue, odds)
- You then simply add in your preferred stake and your potential winnings will be calculated
- If happy, then press for the bet to be submitted and once it’s been accepted you’ll get confirmation on your betslip (see below)
Scottish Grand National Recent Winners
1st – MIGHTY THUNDER (1st 8/1)
Jockey: Tom Scudamore
Trainer: Lucinda Russell
2nd – DINGO DOLLAR (7/1)
3rd – MISTER FOGPATCHES (8/1)
4th – THE FERRY MASTER (20/1)
2020 – No Race (Covid)
2019 – TAKINGRISKS (25/1)
2018 – JOE FARRELL (33/1)
2017 – VICENTE (9/1 jfav)
2016 – VICENTE (14/1)
2015 – WAYWARD PRINCE (25/1)
2014 – AL CO (40/1)
2013 – GODSMEJUDGE (12/1)
2012 – MERIGO (15/2)
2011 – BESHABAR (15/2)
2010 – MERIGO (18/1)
2009 – HELLO BUD (12/1)
2008 – IRIS de BALME (66/1)
2007 – HOT WELD (14/1)
2006 – RUN FOR PADDY (33/1)
2005 – JOES EDGE (20/1)
2004 – GREY ABBEY (12/1)
2003 – RYALUX (15/2)