Fresh from his winner on the opening day of the Festival, there are more Barry Geraghty Cheltenham tips available for Ladies Day.
Our Top Five Cheltenham Betting Offers
These are our top five betting offers for taking a punt on Barry Geraghty Cheltenham tips on day 2 of the Festival:
- Fitzdares – Bet £30 & Get a £30 Free Bet
- BetUK – Bet £10 & Get a £50 In Free Bet
- The Pools – Bet £10 Get £20 In Free Bets
- BoyleSports – Bet £10 Get £20 in Free Bets
- 888Sport – Bet £10 Get £40 In Free Bets
Barry Geraghty Cheltenham Tips for Day 2 of Festival
- 1:30 – Sir Gerhard in the Ballymore Novices Hurdle @ 4/6 with BoyleSports
- 2:10 – Ahoy Senor in the Brown Advisory Novices Chase @ 6/1 with BoyleSports
- 3:30 – Chacun Pour Soi in the Queen Mother Champion Chase @ 6/1 BoyleSports
Barry Geraghty Cheltenham Tips – Sir Gerhard, Ballymore Novices Hurdle
“I think he will be better over a trip and with a lead,” Geraghty said of Ballymore Novices Hurdle (1:30) favourite Sir Gerhard. “He’s the one. For me, the Ballymore revolves around him. Sir Gerhard is going to be hard to beat.”
Geraghty tipped the winner in the opening race yesterday. Sir Gerhard, the winner of last year’s Champion Bumper, steps up in trip from 2m to 2m 5f here. He added another Grade 1 to his CV at the Dublin Racing Festival last time out.
Despite short odds of 4/6 with BoyleSports, he’s the first of Barry Geraghty Cheltenham tips on day 2 of the meeting. His bumper background may suit him in good stead for tackling this extra distance.
Ahoy Senor – Brown Advisory Novices Chase
“I like Ahoy Senor a lot, he blew me away when he won at Newbury earlier in the season with an unbelievable performance,” said Geraghty. “”He beat Bravemansgame as a novice hurdler in the Sefton in Aintree.
“I don’t think the real Ahoy Senor turned up at Kempton. If he turns up in the form he was in at Newbury [after being] brilliant at Wetherby last time, he may be Bravemansgame again.”
The second of the Barry Geraghty Cheltenham tips on Ladies Day, Ahoy Senor, is a 6/1 shot with BoyleSports here. His stable companion, Corach Rambler, won the Ultima Handicap Chase on Tuesday, so Russell’s Scottish yard is in-form.
Chacun Pour Soi – Queen Mother Champion Chase
“Shishkin will hold form with Energumene but I do have to take him on,” said Geraghty, explaining that the Queen Mother Champion Chase odds for the favourite are prohibitive in his opinion.
“Willie [Mullins] says he’s going to train Chacun Pour Soi a little bit differently. He could be value to opposes Shishkin, who is so short.” The third of Barry Geraghty Cheltenham tips on Ladies Day is also 6/1 with BoyleSports here.
Now we’ve read the Barry Geraghty Cheltenham tips for day 2 of the meeting, check out even more fabulous Festival content:
- See the Cheltenham Festival schedule as a whole with race times each day
- These Nico de Boinville Cheltenham rides will be of interest after his Tuesday double
- Learn how things stand in the Cheltenham top trainer odds this year
- Can more Rachael Blackmore Cheltenham rides win at the Festival
- These are the Cheltenham top jockey odds and tips from our experts
- Better from Paul Townend on his Cheltenham rides is needed today
- Reflect on the Cheltenham results for a few possible Festival pointers