It’s Derby Day at Epsom racecourse this Saturday folks – one of the biggest horse racing days of the year. The Sir Michael Stoute-trained Desert Crown looks set to go off as the 2022 Derby favourite and ahead of Saturday’s big race – but to guide you through Derby Day, we take look at some frequently asked Epsom Derby questions.
Best Horse Racing Betting Offers & Free Bets
Bet £10 Get £30 In Free Bets + £10 Casino BonusT&Cs apply, 18+
Bet £10 Get £30 In Free BetsT&Cs apply, 18+
T&Cs apply, 18+
Bet £10 Get £20 In Free Bets
T&Cs apply, 18+
Bet £30 Get A £30 Free Bet
T&Cs apply, 18+
Bet £10 Get £60 in Bonuses
Already claimed these betting offers? Check out all the latest best betting sites.
What Time Is The 2022 Epsom Derby?
What Date Is The 2022 Epsom Derby?
Saturday 4th June 2022
How Can I Watch The 2022 Epsom Derby?
The 2022 Epsom Derby will be shown LIVE on ITV, plus on the cable channel RacingTV. Or many bookmakers will allow you to watch the Derby via their websites providing you’ve placed a bet on the race.
Who Won The 2021 Epsom Derby?
Adayar (16/1), ridden by Adam Kirby and trained by Charlie Appleby
What Are The Epsom Derby Race Conditions?
Group One race for 3 year-olds colts and fillies (no geldings) (carry 9st) – although it’s rare that fillies will run in the race with these horses targeted at the Epsom Oaks run the previous day.
Where is the Epsom Derby Run?
Epsom Downs racecourse, Surrey, England
Is The Epsom Derby Part Of The English Horse Racing Triple Crown?
Yes, the Epsom Derby is the middle leg of the English Triple Crown, with the 2000 Guineas, run at Newmarket earlier in the season, and the St Leger, staged at Doncaster in September, the other two races.
What Distance Is The Epsom Derby Run Over?
1 mile and 4 furlongs (1 1/2 miles)
Who Is The 2022 Epsom Derby Favourite?
Desert Crown @ 13/8 with BetUK (odds are subject to change)
Which Trainer Has Won The Epsom Derby The Most Times?
Aidan O’Brien has won the Epsom Derby 8 times and is the current leading trainer in the race. His first win came in 2001 with Galileo, while his most recent Derby winner was Serpentine in 2020.
Epsom Derby Betting Odds With BetUK
|Star Of India||15/1|
|Walk Of Stars||15/1|
|BAR THE FIELD||25/1|
What Are The Key Epsom Derby Trends?
- 19/20 – Ran within the last 5 weeks
- 18/20 – Raced no more than 5 times before
- 18/20 – Finished 1st or 2nd last time out
- 16/20 – Had won a Group race before
- 16/20 – Returned 7/1 or shorter in the betting
- 14/20 – Had run over at least 1m2f before
- 13/20 – Won last time out
- 13/20 – Won from a single-figure stall
- 12/20 – Favourites that were placed
- 11/20 – Had raced no more than 3 times before
- 10/20 – Irish-trained winners
- 8/20 – Had won a Group One before
- 7/20 – Trained by Aidan O’Brien (won 8 in all)
- 6/20 – Won by the favourite
- 5/20 – Ran in the 2,000 Guineas that season (2 winners)
- 4/20 – Won the Dante Stakes (York) last time out
- 4/20 – Winners from stall 12 or higher
- 3/20 – Trained by Sir Michael Stoute (won 5 in all)
- 2/20 – Won over 1m4f before
- 1/20 – Winners from stall 1 (Adayar)
- 0/20 – Run at the course before
- The average winning SP in the last 20 runnings is 8/1
- 10 Dante winners went onto win the Derby (Golden Horn, 2015 being the most-recent)
- Only 1 horse that was beaten in the Dante (Workforce) went onto win the Derby
Epsom Derby Trainer Stats
- Sir Michael Stoute won the race in 2010, 2004, 2003, 1986 & 1981
- Aidan O’Brien won the race in 2002, 2001, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2017, 2018 and 2020
How Much Money Does The Preakness Stakes Winner Get?
Purse is US $1.5 millon
What Is The Most Winning Margin In The Preakness Stakes?
11 1/2 lengths (Smarty Jones, 2004)
Which Jockey Has Won The Preakness Stakes The Most?
Eddie Arcaro – 6 wins (1941, 1948, 1950, 1951, 1955, 1957)
Which Trainer Has Won The Preakness Stakes The Most?
Bob Baffert – 7 wins (1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2010, 2015, 2018)
R.Wyndham Walden – 7 wins (1875, 1878, 1879, 1880, 1881, 1882, 1888)
How Many Preakness Stakes Winners Went Onto Win The Triple Crown?
13 Preakness Stakes winners were previous Kentucky Derby winners and then went onto win the Belmont Stakes and the US horse racing Triple Crown. Justify (2018), American Pharoah (2015), Affirmed (1978), Seattle Slew (1977), Secretariat (1973), Citation (1948), Assault (1946), Count Fleet (1943), Whirlaway (1941), War Admiral (1937), Omaha (1935), Gallant Fox (1930), Sir Barton (1919).
Epsom Derby Recent Winners
- 2021 – Adayar (16/1)
- 2020 – Serpentine (25/1)
- 2019 – Anthony Van Dyck (13/2)
- 2018 – Masar (16/1)
- 2017 – Wings of Eagles (40/1)
- 2016 – Harzand (13/2)
- 2015 – Golden Horn (13/8 fav)
- 2014 – Australia (11/8 fav)
- 2013 – Ruler Of The World (7/1)
- 2012 – Camelot (8/13 fav)
- 2011 – Pour Moi (4/1)
- 2010 – Workforce (6/1)
- 2009 – Sea The Stars (11/4)
- 2008 – New Approach (5/1)
- 2007 – Authorized (5/4 fav)
- 2006 – Sir Percy (6/1)
- 2005 – Motivator (3/1 fav)
- 2004 – North Light (7/2 j fav)
- 2003 – Kris Kin (6/1)
- 2002 – High Chaparral (7/2)
Other Horse Racing Tips
ITV Horse Racing Tips and Trends: Saturday at Epsom
Epsom Derby Tips and Predictions
Epsom Derby Trends and Tips
Frankie Dettori Epsom Derby Ride
Aidan O’Brien Derby Runners Today
Charlie Appleby Derby Runners Today
Epsom Derby: Who Will Win Today’s Race?
Epsom Derby Festival – Existing Customer Offers
ITV Racing Free Bets | Epsom Derby Bookmaker Offers
Top 10 Bookmaker Sites For Epsom Derby
Top 7 Bookmaker Sites For Epsom Derby
What Time Is Today’s Epsom Derby – Derby Questions Answered
Andrew Mount’s Horse Racing Tips
Today’s Placepot Tips from Epsom
Today’s Horse Racing Betting Tips
Daily Each-Way Betting Tip from Epsom
Today’s Lucky 15 Horse Racing Tips from Epsom
Andrew Mount’s SpreadEx Analysis
Today’s Horse Racing NAP
Tom Segal (Pricewise) Epsom Tips
Templegate (Sun Newspaper) Epsom Tips
Paul Kealy (Racing Post) Epsom Tips
Kevin Blake (Betfair) Epsom Tips
Tony Calvin (Betfair) Epsom Tips
Already Have Accounts With Our Featured Bookies? Here Are 10 Up-and-Coming Bookmakers With Cracking Free Bets
See below our select list of some of the newer bookies on the block – but totally trusted bookmakers, that will also have prices ahead of the ITV Horse Racing from Epsom on Derby Day – Saturday 4th June June – best of all they ALL also have ‘must-see’ free bet sign-up offers to snap-up.
Best New Horse Racing Betting Sites
Related At The Cazoo Derby Festival: We’ve got the best Epsom Derby betting sites listed that you can take advantage of many Epsom free bets. Plus, our SportsLens horse racing experts are on hand with their Epsom Derby tips, while we’ll also have the latest Epsom Derby odds and Epsom Derby results throughout the two-day Festival.
ITV Horse Racing Times and Names (Saturday 4th June 2022)
2022 Epsom Derby Meeting Race Times and Names
Saturday 4th June 2022
- 2:00 – Cazoo Handicap Cl2 (3yo 0-100) 1m2f ITV
- 2:35 – Princess Elizabeth Stakes (Sponsored By Cazoo) (Group 3) Cl1 (3yo+) 1m½f ITV
- 3:10 – Cazoo Diomed Stakes (Group 3) Cl1 (3yo+) 1m½f ITV
- 3:45 – Simpex Express ‘Dash’ Handicap (Heritage Handicap) Cl2 (3yo+) 5f ITV
- 4:30 – Cazoo Derby (Group 1) (British Champions Series) (No Geldings) Cl1 (3yo) 1m4f ITV
- 5:15 – World Pool Northern Dancer Handicap Cl2 (4yo+ 0-105) 1m4f RTV
- 5:50 – JRA Tokyo Trophy Handicap Cl2 (4yo+ 0-105) 6f RTV
More Epsom Horse Racing Free Bets
Bet £10, Get £30 In Free Bets + £10 Casino Bonus