- Pre-season expectations: Middlesbrough were under an inexperienced manager so the expectations were that of consolidation and building for the future instead of any big short-term gains.
- Season evaluation: Southgate has done well given his start, and he has the respect of the squad. Boro squirmed clear of the relegation battle at the end and finished 12th.
- The Big Negative: Viduka leaving on a free transfer.
- The Big Positive: Woodgate’s form – Middlesbrough have one of the best defenders in England.
- Summer Priority: To keep Downing and to bring in experience up front.
with Woodgate at the heart of their defense Middlesbrough can look forward to the future to improving the squad and pushing for a top-10 finish.
Now it’s your turn: How do you think Middlesbrough can improve this summer?
- The complete list for the Premiership 2006/2007 season reviews.
- Do you have what it takes to be a football manager?