The Indian Premier League (IPL) is the most exciting domestic cricket competition in the world. Established in 2007, the IPL is made up of teams from 10 different cities. Held annually from March to May, the Chennai Super Kings have won a record four titles to date. Given the popularity of the event, it should come as no surprise that IPL betting is now big business too. Online IPL betting is available on a host of sites in India. On this page, we will discuss the very best bookies, as well as explaining exactly how betting on IPL works.
Online IPL Betting: How We Rank the Best IPL Betting Sites
IPL wagering is available with the vast majority of online bookies today. However, some are clearly better than others. When ranking IPL bookies available to Indian players, our experts take the following factors into consideration:
- Available Markets – Betting on IPL is so much more than backing your favourite team to beat their opponent. Outright IPL cricket betting markets include overall winner, to reach the final and player of the tournament. Meanwhile, pre-match and in-play bets can be placed on the total number of runs, highest opening partnership and the leading wicket taker. So, before selecting from our list of IPL betting sites, ensure that markets that suit your needs are available. 10Cric is one of the leading names in this area, with no shortage of IPL markets being found.
- Live Streaming – The option to watch IPL matches live is hugely appealing. While not available on all betting sites in India, a small number of bookies do offer this service. Live IPL streaming will be of particular use to players looking to place live bets. You will be able to get a better feel of which team is on top, before wagering. IPL online betting is enhanced by live streaming at Rabona, arguably the world’s leading online bookmaker.
- Bonuses & Promotions – It can be easy to place too much significance on the promotions found at IPL sportsbooks. However, when the terms and conditions are realistic, bonuses, free bets and price boosts, among others, are well worth taking advantage of. In the build up and during the Indian Premier League, some bookies will offer promos specific to the event. Meanwhile, other more generic offers will also be available to players. With a generous welcome bonus and rewarding ongoing promotions, 22Bet scores particularly well here.
- Additional Features – Part of the appeal of IPL online betting is the number of features available with bookies. We have already discussed live streaming. However, cash out, bet builder and others are all arguably just as valuable. Our top ranked bookies all deliver in this area, enhancing the user experience for players. 1xBet comes with cash out, which is available on the vast majority of IPL betting markets.
- Mobile Betting – It has never been more important for online bookies to cater well for mobile customers. An IPL betting app makes the process of wagering on teams and players all the easier. For times when an app is not available, IPL betting odds must be accessible via your mobile browser. A significant proportion of bets are placed using smartphones and tablets, with FunBet standing out in particular for its mobile platforms.
Comparing IPL Betting Sites
The table below provides a quick breakdown of hor our top ranked IPL bookies perform in different areas:
|IPL Betting Sites||Cash Out||IPL Live Streaming||Cricket Promotions||Live Betting|
The Best IPL Betting Markets
With IPL gambling, there are a number of different markets for players to take advantage of. The best IPL betting sites provide excellent variety, including outright, pre-match and in-play markets. Below are some of the most popular IPL markets to look out for:
The most common IPL bet is to simply bet on the result of an individual match. There will be just two options available, Team A win or Team B win. Odds here are likely to be impacted by the IPL standings, player availability and head to head records. If you successfully predict the result, your bet will win. With some excellent odds, 22Bet is a great platform for IPL match betting.
Many bettors will not wager on individual players. Examples include Team A leading run scorer or away team leading wicket taker. While the risk is higher, the rewards will also be greater. For those with a good knowledge of the players involved, such markets are likely to appeal. Francois du Plessis top away batsmen is a good example of this bet type. 10Cric provides plenty of player props, perfect for IPL fans.
Over/under total runs, a century to be scored and highest opening partnership are examples of total/team prop markets. For those looking for something away from the norm and some potentially larger odds, such markets are well worth checking out. 22Bet is just one of the bookies offering such markets.
Finally, there are a host of alternative markets on the IPL, which do not fit into a particular character. The fact that players can even bet on which team wins the toss should tell you just how diverse IPL gambling is. Method of 1st wicket is another example. However, such markets can be tough to predict, meaning that they cater for cricket experts for the most part.
Where to Find the Best IPL Betting Odds
Despite all bookies being armed with the same information, IPL betting odds can differ significantly between them. Of course, players will wish to know that they are taking advantage of the best prices. Having compared available IPL bookies in India, it is the following bookies that came out on top on a consistent basis:
Best IPL Betting Apps in India
Betting apps are the preferred platform for many in India today. Available on iOS and Android devices in most cases, apps make mobile betting hugely efficient. Coming with features such as Touch/Face ID login and notifications, downloading an IPL app will be beneficial to players. While a number of apps are available, it is the following that are our favourites at this time:
|Bookie||In-play||Live Streaming||Enhanced Odds||Min Deposit||iOS/Android|
|10Cric||Yes||No||Yes||₹300||iOS & Android|
|Parimatch||Yes||No||Yes||₹350||iOS & Android|
|1xBet||Yes||No||No||₹75||iOS & Android|
IPL Betting Systems
It is important for players to have a strategy when it comes to IPL gambling. Going in blind or betting using a scattergun approach is likely to end in disappointment, as well as a lack of funds. So, which are the strategies and tips to consider when betting on the IPL?
Understand How T20 Works
T20 is completely different to Test cricket. Generally, the team batting second holds an advantage in the IPL. While this does not always result in victory, the team batting second knows exactly how many runs are required, as well as the run rate. It is perhaps worthwhile waiting until the team lineups have been confirmed before betting too, which takes place around 30 minutes before the first ball is bowled. With T20 being all about big hitting and clever bowling, some players are better suited than others.
Know Your Stadiums
Did you know that the Feroz Shah Kotla Ground in Dehli has one of the smallest boundaries in India? It is such information that betting customers must familiarize themselves with. Useful details surrounding IPL venues are easily located online. This includes the stadium capacity, type of wicket delivered by the groundsmen and local weather. It is such minor details that may well give players an edge over the bookies.
Batsman vs Bowler
The match-up between batsman and bowler is one of the things that makes the IPL so exciting. Some of the biggest names in cricket come up against each other, which makes for a fascinating spectacle. The batsman can smash a six one ball, before being clean bowled the next. So, look at how batsmen have performed against certain bowlers in the past. Some bowlers have made a habit of taking big name wickets. Meanwhile, Chris Gayle has over 4,500 IPL runs to his name, a significant number of which came against leg spinners.
Live IPL Betting
As we have already mentioned, many turn to live markets when betting on the IPL. Live odds come into play once games are underway, with prices being impacted by wickets falling and runs being added to the total. A good number of in-play IPL markets are also available, not only the match winner. Live IPL betting comes with plenty of benefits. Not only is it exciting, it can also be hugely rewarding, if you can bet at the right time. For example, you may wish to back the Rajasthan Royals to beat Royal Challengers Bangalore, despite the Royals having lost early wickets. For live IPL betting, it is the bookies below that we recommend:
5 Ultimate Free IPL Betting Tips: How to Profit from Betting on the IPL
Unfortunately, IPL cricket betting comes with no guarantees of success. However, our IPL betting tips will give players the best possible chance of beating the bookies. So, just what must you remember before placing a bet on the Indian Premier League?
- Do Your Research – Before placing any bet, ensure that you have all the news and statistics at your fingertips. For example, you could be looking to back the Punjab Kings to win, only to find that captain Mayank Agarwal is out injured. This will likely have a significant impact upon their chances. Information regarding IPL teams and players is readily available online. So, there really is no excuse!
- Bet With Your Head – If you are an Indian cricket fan, it is likely that you have a team or selection of teams that you favour. However, put this out of the window when carrying out IPL betting! Bet using your head, rather than your heart.
- Watch the Action – Where possible, watch as much IPL action as possible. Whether it be live games or highlights, check out which players in form and how different pitches impact games. Games are shown by some of India’s leading broadcasters, while some IPL betting sites also offer live streaming services.
- Utilize In-Play Markets – As far as online IPL betting is concerned, the most appealing odds can often be found after the first ball has been bowled. In-game, prices are constantly changing, after wickets are taken and runs are scored. So, if you can place a live bet at the right time, the rewards could well be significant.
- Know When to Quit – Whether you are on a winning streak or have placed a few losing bets in a row, players must learn when the right time to call things a day is. The easiest way to do so is to set yourself a budget. Never go over your budget, regardless of how attractive the IPL betting odds are.
Bottom line on Best IPL Betting Sites in India
Whether you wish to bet on the Chennai Super Kings recording another title win or David Warner to finish as the top run scorer, our recommended IPL betting sites have all bases covered. The IPL is arguably the most popular sporting event in India, with the annual event attracting the interest of both fans and betting customers. So, consider IPL betting odds, as well as IPL betting tips, before backing your favourite teams and players. All of our recommended IPL bookies are safe to use, while they also come with a generous welcome offer.
IPL Betting Sites in India FAQs
Which markets can I find IPL betting odds on?
Betting on IPL includes future, pre-match and live markets. Bets can be placed on everything from the winner of the IPL as a whole to the player who scores the most runs during the competition.
Should I trust IPL betting tips?
No matter how much research has gone into them, IPL betting tips can never proclaim to guarantee players money. So, take on board the thoughts of trusted tipsters, before carrying out your own research.
Can I place bets on an IPL betting app?
Yes. Many online bookies have developed and introduced betting apps. Whether it is on such apps or on mobile betting sites, IPL cricket betting is available on smartphones and tablets.
Is IPL cricket betting legal?
The short answer is yes. While domestic bookmakers are not able to operate legally, players can take advantage of offshore bookies without having to worry. As such, IPL betting odds can be accessed at all times, with some of the biggest brands in the industry.
Can I watch games on IPL betting sites?
Yes. Selected online bookies offer live streaming. This means that it is possible to watch the action as it unfolds, making IPL betting even more exciting. Generally, a qualifying bet or funded sportsbook account will be required to gain access to streams.