- Pre-season expectations: I’m not sure how well Fulham were expected to do given the lack of funds, but overall I’d say Chris Coleman wanted Fulham to push for a top-10 spot.
- Season evaluation: Fulham barely survived and ended 1 point above the relegation zone. To say that it is was a disappointing season would be a massive understatement.
- The Big Negative: The lack of fight shown by the players – I mean, Watford played harder, Sheffield United played much harder than Fulham.
- The Big Positive: Survival. Fulham live to fight another season in the Premiership, and with the new TV deal this means the club can invest more into the squad.
- Summer Priority: Lawrie Sanchez rebuild the squad, and push Fulham back up the table. Anything – mid-table mediocrity even (think Boro) – would be better than what Fulham went through this season.
Fulham need investment, but perhaps more importantly they need self-belief and the will to fight.
Now it’s your turn: How do you think Fulham can improve this summer?
- The complete list for the Premiership 2006/2007 season reviews.
- Do you have what it takes to be a football manager?