Ligue 1, the top tier of French professional football, continues to go from strength to strength. While not having the profile of the English, Spanish, Italian or German top flight, Ligue 1 features many top clubs, including PSG, Lyon and Marseille. Ligue 1 betting sites are very much in demand. A host of markets and features are available on the best Ligue 1 betting sites, with our guide explaining exactly how they work.
Best Ligue 1 Betting Sites
Bet £10 Get £50 In Bet Credits
- Brilliant 2 Goals Ahead Early Payout offer
- Regular providers of Champions League betting offers
- Live Ligue 1 streaming available
Bet £10 Get £60 In Bonuses
- Top French Ligue 1 betting odds
- Fantastic ongoing promotions
- Plenty of acca betting options
Bet £20 Get £60 In Free Bets
- Pre-match, live & outright Ligue 1 markets
- Join the Acca Club for regular free bets
- Good iOS and Android apps
Bet £10 Get £20 In Free Bets
- Get a free bet every single week
- Very good selection of Champions League betting offers
- One of the best Ligue 1 betting sites
Free Bet Up to £25
- Acca Bonus for football
- Ligue 1 betting offers available
- Highly competitive football odds
Bet £10 Get £30 In Bonuses
- Football League One bet builder feature
- Accumulator bonus available
- Top outright Ligue 1 winner odds
50% first deposit bonus up to £50
- Unique football offers put on weekly
- Get regular free bets
- Excellent live football betting Ligue 1 options
Bet £10 Get £10 Free Bet + 20 Free Spins
- Regular free bets on offer
- All Ligue 1 fixtures covered
- Boring football cashback offer
Bet £10 and Get £30 Free Bet
- Regular free bets
- More you play more rewards Programme available
- One of the best new English Championship betting sites
Top 10 List of the Best Ligue 1 Betting Sites in the UK 2022
- Bet365 – Live Ligue 1 streaming available
- Betfred – Top French Ligue 1 betting odds
- BetUK – Pre-match, live & outright Ligue 1 markets
- BoyleSports – One of the best Ligue 1 betting sites
- QuinnBet – Ligue 1 betting offers available
- Parimatch – Top outright Ligue 1 winner odds
- 10Bet – Excellent live football betting Ligue 1 options
- VBet – All Ligue 1 fixtures covered
- 2KBet – Regular football free bets
- SpreadEx – Fixed odds & exchange Ligue 1 bets
How We Rank Ligue 1 Betting Sites
A huge number of online bookmakers now cover Ligue 1. However, not all are worth signing up with. All of our recommended Ligue 1 betting sites are legal in the UK. Meanwhile, they also score highly in the following areas:
- French Ligue 1 Betting Markets – When placing Ligue 1 bets, punters should be able to do so on far more than the result of an individual match. Betting on Ligue 1 today includes pre-match, live and outright options. Popular markets include 1×2, total goals, both teams to score and title winner. With a fantastic variety of markets, it is Betfred that stands out in this area.
- Ligue 1 Odds – Ligue 1 odds vary between bookies. A quick look at the Ligue 1 oddschecker shows which betting sites offer the best prices. This is important, as the odds will directly impact how much you make from a winning bet. Known for its sportsbook prices, it is BetUK that we recommend for French Ligue 1 betting odds.
- Ligue 1 Betting Offers – Ligue 1 betting offers are available on some sites too. Whether they are specific to the French top-flight or more generic to football, it is worth taking advantage of promotions when the T&Cs are realistic. Free bet, acca insurance, price boosts and money back offers are among the most common. QuinnBet has an excellent reputation for its betting promotions, including a generous welcome offer.
- Payment Methods – French Ligue 1 betting is not possible until you have deposited funds to your sportsbook account. On the best Ligue 1 betting sites, a range of payment methods are available. Options include traditional debit cards, as well as modern e-wallets. Ligue 1 betting with Bitcoin is also now available on selected sites. We have ensured that transfers with our top ranked bookies are quick, secure and easy to make. BoyleSports is one bookie that accepts a large number of payment methods.
- Additional Features – When operating on online Ligue 1 betting sites, having the ability to watch matches live is hugely appealing. Meanwhile, cashing out bets early and creating your bet via a bet builder are other modern features offered by selected bookies. With a fantastic array of additional features, it is little wonder that Bet365 is our no.1 pick for Ligue 1 fans.
Ligue 1 Betting Odds
Ligue 1 betting odds will determine how much punters make from placing winning wagers. Prices vary between bookies, with some being more appealing than others. A number of factors are considered when calculating odds. These include league position, recent form, player availability and head to head records.
The Ligue 1 oddschecker page makes it clear which bookies offer the best prices. Of course, you will want to know that you are always taking advantage of the best odds. This may mean that you have to sign up on multiple League 1 betting sites. There is nothing wrong with doing so, while it will also enable punters to claim a welcome bonus with each.
Ligue 1 Betting Predictions
Ligue 1 betting predictions are published both before and during the season. Of course, no Ligue 1 betting tips can claim to be 100% accurate. However, they can certainly be of benefit to punters when written using up to date and relevant information. Ahead of the new Ligue 1 campaign, we take a closer look at the favourites for the title:
Having dominated French football over the last decade, PSG are unsurprisingly the overwhelming favourites to win back-to-back titles. Having parted ways with Mauricio Pochettino, the big spenders now have Christophe Galtier in charge. With Lionel Messi, Kylian Mbappe and Neymar Jr set to spearhead the attack once again, expect PSG to score a hatful of goals. If The Parisians are anywhere near their best form for the majority of the season, they will become champions. With odds of 1/10, backing PSG for the Ligue 1 title is not that appealing though.
Despite not winning the Ligue 1 title since back in 2008, there is a sense of optimism among fans at the Groupama Stadium that Lyon can mount a challenge this season. Dutchman Peter Bosz took over last year, with the likes of Moussa Dembele, Houssem Aouar and Maxence Caqueret being among their most talented players. Available at best odds of 14/1 from Bet365, an outside bet on Lyon could well be worthwhile.
Another sleeping giant of French football is Marseille. Last champions in 2010, Marseille have shown signs of promise over recent years, having finished as runners-up in Ligue 1 last season. Igor Tudor has recently taken over as Head Coach, with Dimitri Payet remaining their talisman. Having invested heavily over the summer, odds of 14/1 from QuinnBet are worth considering.
Top Ligue 1 Betting Tips
While not being as competitive as some other football leagues across Europe, Ligue 1 is certainly not easy to predict. It is therefore important to give yourself the best possible chance of success by following our expert Ligue 1 betting tips:
Ligue 1 Betting Offers
Betting on French football is made more appealing by Ligue 1 betting offers. Unfortunately, offers specific to Ligue 1 are rare with British bookies. However, football promotions are increasingly common. Offer types include free bets, acca insurance, enhanced odds and money back specials. Be sure to read the bonus terms and conditions before signing up and depositing money though. When placing Ligue 1 bets, it is the following promos that can be utilised on our top ranked sites:
Bet365 Soccer Accumulator Bonus – Earn a bonus of up to 70% when placing a 3+ acca on Ligue 1 matches. Full Time Result, Both Teams To Score or Result/Both Teams To Score markets are eligible.
QuinnBet Crossbar Insurance – Place a Pre-Match bet at odds of evens (2.00) or greater on any of the following markets in our select matches:- First Goal Scorer, Anytime Goalscorer, Last Goal Scorer, Correct Score, HT/FT & Scorecast. If the crossbar is hit during the 90 minutes, your stake will be refunded, up to £10!
Betfred Double Delight & Hat-Trick Heaven – Punters placing pre-match single bets on first goalscorer markets will receive payouts at double the odds if the player in question scores a double. Meanwhile, triple the winnings will be delivered should said player score a hat-trick.
Ligue 1 Betting Results and Live Betting
Live betting has long been a popular form of wagering on football matches. Ligue 1 is no different, with odds fluctuating with almost every kick of the ball. Those who track the odds and place bets at the right time could well reap the rewards. In fact, many will find value here more often than with pre-match markets. In-play odds are available on all Ligue 1 fixtures. However, markets will be suspended upon goals being scored and other major incidents taking place.
Ligue 1 Betting Results
It is now easy to find out who has won and lost in Ligue 1. Results can be accessed on a number of different sites, including many online bookies. The ease at which both live scores and results are accessed means that there are no frustrating waits to find out whether your bet has been successful or not.
Popular Ligue 1 Betting Markets
Like other major European football leagues, Ligue 1 comes with a large number of betting markets. The exact number varies between bookies. However, it is the following that are the most popular:
The most common bet on Ligue 1 is placed on the result of an individual match. For example, Lyon to beat AS Monaco. Three possible results can be backed, Team A win, draw or Team B win. It is only the result that will determine whether you bet wins or loses, with Betfred offering appealing 1×2 bets on French football.
Bets can also be placed on which player will open the scoring in Ligue 1 matches. As you would expect, top strikers are offered the shortest odds, while defenders are given greater odds. For example, Kylian Mbappe to score the first goal of the game when PSG host Stade Rennes. QuinnBet offers a large number of goalscorer markets, including next and anytime.
Offering attractive odds, the correct score market is exactly what it sounds like. Punters wager on the exact scoreline come full-time. All possible scorelines are available, including 0-0, 1-0, 2-1, 3-2 and so on. Of course, this market is risky, given how difficult it is to predict the correct score in football. Bet365 offers this market on all Ligue 1 fixtures.
Online bookies also make it possible to bet on the number of goals scored during a top-flight match from France. Whether it be over or under a specific number, over 3.5 for example, or the exact number, such markets are increasingly popular. BoyleSports is one of the many betting sites to offer totals markets on Ligue 1.
Draw No Bet
Eliminating the risk of losing a bet because of a draw, this market is taken advantage of by many punters. If your bet does lose because of a draw, your stake will be refunded. 10Bet is our no.1 pick for Ligue 1 draw no bet markets.
Both Teams to Score
One of the simplest markets to get your head around is BTTS. Just two options are available to punters – Yes or No. This market is offered by Parimatch on all Ligue 1 matches.
With three possible bets, double chance is popular because of the level of insurance involved. Taking a match between Marseille and Brest as an example, the following are the potential bets: Marseille or Brest, Marseille or Draw, Brest or Draw. 2KBet is our recommended bookie for double chance Ligue 1 bets.
Ligue 1 Winner
Both before and during the season, many punters will place bets on which team will be crowned champions. While PSG are the overwhelming favourites, appealing odds are offered on all other Ligue 1 clubs. For example, Bet365 is offering Ajaccio odds of 1,000/1 to win Ligue 1.
Kylian Mbappe has won the Ligue 1 top goalscorer award for the past five years. Whether you are looking to back the French superstar to repeat the trick this season or for another top forward to come out on top, bets are accepted by many bookies. Betfred is our top pick, given the odds available.
Final Thoughts on Betting on Ligue 1
Ligue 1 betting sites are increasingly popular for punters in the UK. With superstars such as Kylian Mbappe and Lionel Messi featuring weekly, the top tier of French football continues to make an impression. Ligue 1 is much more than PSG and its high-earning squad. The competitiveness and quality of the division attracts punters each week. So, if you are looking to place pre-match, live or outright Ligue 1 bets, our recommended bookies are ideal. Be sure to check them out today. With a generous bonus or free bet being up for grabs when signing up too, there has never been a better time to start backing your favourite French teams and players.