Six of the best from this week’s bunch on dangerhere.com.
1. No wonder Arsene Wenger wouldn’t shake hands with Mark Hughes after Phil Thompson blew the lid off the carnival of love he’s presiding over at Eastlands:
“You see some people who are just having it off and taking it easy and other people are putting in a shift.”
2. Stoke manager Tony Pulis has been taking special care of Ryan Shawcross:
“He felt something in his groin, so we pulled him off as soon as possible.”
3. Paul Merse pays an eighties tribute to John Terry:
“When he plays, they are solid as a rock. They are Ashford and Simpson.”
4. It wasn’t until Joe Royle’s intervention that the full implication of Adebayor’s early own-goal dawned on City fans:
“Manchester City will need to score now to get a draw.”
5. Despite England’s favourable World Cup draw, Jamie Redknapp has already drawn a line under the current management:
“How do you get your two best midfielders to play well together? Capello, unlike his successors, has the answer.”
6. Stuart Lovell drinks in the Parkhead atmosphere:
“He’s never going to piss up that type of chance.”
Loads more quotes of the week on dangerhere.com.