Antoine Greizmann has firmly established himself as one of the best players in the world right now.
The French forward was very good during the Euros and almost steered his nation to glory. Griezmann scored six goals in his seven appearances during the tournament.
The Atlético Madrid star has been one of the best players in La Liga as well. He has scored fifty-seven goals in the last two seasons for the Spanish giants and has already bagged six in six games so far this season.
In their report, they also mention that Chelsea are willing to spend in excess of £60 million for Leonardo Bonucci during the January window.
A move for Griezmann would have to wait for summer. There is no way Atlético will sanction a sale during January. The La Liga outfit are determined to win the Champions League after coming close twice in the last three seasons and losing the Frenchman would be a major blow for them.
In theory, Griezmann would be an excellent addition for the Blues. Plus, it could allow Costa to return to Calderon as well. The Spanish international has been linked with a return to Atlético over the last few months.
There is no doubting that Chelsea has the resources to pull off a deal like that, but it is highly unlikely that Griezmann will leave an established European side for a struggling Chelsea squad. Conte will need time to rebuild his side and a player of Griezmann’s calibre will want to join an elite club.
- Champions League Match Preview, Team News and Predicted Line-ups: Krasnodar vs Chelsea
- Frank Lampard believes he is judged differently from other Premier League managers
- Analysis: Manchester United disappoint in goalless draw with Chelsea
- Chelsea midfielder Jorginho opens up on Arsenal interest
- Chelsea Visit Old Trafford and an El Clasico in Spain Highlight This Weekend’s Most Intriguing Fixtures