According to reputed and trusted Italian journalist Gianluca Di Marzio Atletico Madrid left back Filipe Luis is set to join Chelsea as the Blues have agreed to pay a whopping €25m exit clause to acquire the services of the Brazilian.
Confirmed that Filipe luis will join @chelseafc, that is going to pay the exit clause (€25M)
— Gianluca Di Marzio (@DiMarzio) June 16, 2014
When Di Marzio, the Sky Italia reporter says a transfer is done, you can be rest assured that in reality, that the deal is set to confirmed in the coming hours. Moreover Fabrizio Romano, staff of the Di Marzio website had claimed earlier this week that the 28 year old will make a switch to the Stamford Bride in the summer.
Everything done for Filipe Luis to Chelsea, about contract too. Official soon. #CFC
— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) June 13, 2014
The news comes in the wake of Atletcio Madrid’s capture of Granada of Guilherme Siqueira for €10m. Surely two starting left backs won’t be accommodated and Luis has long been linked with the London side who are desperate to sign a left back after having released club legend Ashley Cole earlier last month.
Football 365 writer Matthew Stanger however believes that the Blues are paying over the wall for Luis who is set to turn 29 next month, given Chelsea’s policy of dealing with players above 30 years.
Read full details on how Atletcio and Chelsea want to conduct business here in David Amoyal’s piece for the Di Marzio website.
The story also claims that the Rojoblancos are hopeful to keep Thiabut Courtois on loan for yet another year but Jose Mourinho earlier said that the young Belgian will be under the sticks for Chelsea next season.