Do you still play online slots on your laptop or, even worse, your desktop PC? Get with the program, Granddad! You can now enjoy the best slots on mobile devices – phone (iOS or Android) or tablets.
Puzzled about how to play mobile slots? Then be puzzled no more as we are here to tell you how to get the most out of your mobile slots play, starting with the very best mobile slots sites in the UK.
Top 10 Mobile Slots UK Casinos
Stake £10, Get 100 Free Spins
- Plenty of the best mobile slots
- Almost 300 casino games
- Lots of promotions, always!
Wager £10 On Slots Get 100 Free Spins
- All the best mobile slots
- Free spins offers with no wageting
- Plenty of live dealer tables
100% Casino Bonus up to £100 & 200 Free Spins
- Great for Microgaming mobile slots
- Decent welcome offer
- Superb casino for all mobile devices
100 Spins + Up To £200 Bonus
- Over 350 of the best mobile slots
- Promo codes available all the time
- Fantastic selection of games
Get 30 Free Spins
- New mobile slots added frequently
- Speed withdrawals
- Unique casino promotions
Up To 500 Free Spins On Your First Deposit
- Top selection of mobile sltos
- Daily jackpot games
- Superb live casino titles
200% Welcome Bonus Up To £50
- Mobile slots by the best providers
- Decent payout rates
- Lots of good bonuses and promotions
Up To £100 Casino Bonus + 100 Extra Spins
- Great mobile slots app
- Perfect for iOS and Android
- Accepts a wide range of Payment Methods
100% Deposit Bonus up to £250 on Slots + 100 Yoo Spins
- First class mobile slots experience
- Customise your experience here!
- Lots of slots and casino games
How we Rank the Top Mobile Slots UK Casinos
Okay, so you now have seen our list of what we reckon to be the top mobile slots UK casinos. You may be wondering how we have come up with our top ten list. To answer that question, here is a succinct list of criteria that we use when making our decisions. You could perhaps use the same list when working out which you, personally, feel to be your list of the best mobile slots UK sites.
- Mobile Experience – this of course is number one, the overall mobile experience. Most online casinos are built using the HTML5 coding language, which means their sites automatically work on all devices – laptop, desktop, mobile etc. We like sites that go that little bit further to provide the best user experience possible for mobile users. We think Betfred gives the best overall mobile experience.
- Safe and Secure – we fully understand that your online safety is becoming increasingly important, especially as online thieves and miscreants are becoming ever-more sophisticated in how they try and get account details from internet users. We only mention online mobile casinos that we know to be one hundred percent secure, and of course only those that have the proper, United Kingdom Gambling Commission licences. Kwiff is one mobile slots site that is safe and secure.
- Bespoke Apps – many mobile casino players are not bothered at all by bespoke apps (apps for a casino that you can download) but they are always nice to have, as options are always nice to have. You can play at 99.9% of the available online casinos in the UK using a mobile broswer, but the experience via a downloadable app is just that little bit more preferable. NetBet offers bespoke, downloadable apps.
- Speed and Ease of Use – mobile slots and mobile slots sites should work fast. It doesn’t take long to spin a slot’s reels – just a matter of seconds – but the information about each spin is coming via the internet from a central game server. That information should be able to get to your phone without delay and without mistakes and hang-ups. We champion mobile slots sites that are easy to use, fast and responsive. Casino Planet is one site that’s very easy to use.
- Bonuses and Promotions – sadly, the days of mobile deposit slots bonuses and no deposit mobile slots bonuses are now in the past. You should though still be able to get generic bonuses at the best slots on mobile sites, no matter if you are playing on mobile or desktop. We look out for slots which have decent welcome bonuses, and ongoing promotions including mobile slots free spins for their regular customers for both mobile deposits slots sites and desktop deposit slots. Check out the bonuses at Mr Q for some excellent deals.
- Payment Methods – it is relatively easy for you to get money into and out of your casino account in the UK. You can use your Visa or MasterCard debit card (not credit card – banned in the UK at online casinos), or a popular eWallet such as PayPal, Skrill or Neteller. You should also be able to use some manner of ‘pay by mobile’ option, for the best in convenience. We like sites that have a decent range of available payment options. BritainBet has a good selection of payment methods.
- Range of Slots and Providers – it is not ‘just’ that a UK mobile slots site should have a lot of slots (as most of them do), they should have a range of quality slots including all the latest new mobile slots. When reviewing a slots site, we look for slots from the providers we think of as being the best; names such as NetEnt, Microgaming, Play’n GO, Big Time Gaming, Pragmatic Play, Yggdrasil and others. We’d rather see a tight range of quality mobile slots and new mobile slots as opposed to an endless stream of poor quality ones. Slots n’Play uses a lot of top-end providers.
- Range of Other Games – even if you’re the biggest slots player on the planet, you perhaps do not want to play slots, and only slots at UK slots sites. We like sites with options beyond slots, including blackjack, roulette and baccarat, and even sports betting if possible. We also like sites that provide the best in live casino games too. Spinyoo has an excellent range of games beyond slots.
What are Mobile Slots?
For anyone born before 1970, there was only one place to play ‘slots’ (or ‘one armed bandits’ or ‘fruit machines’ as they were more commonly known) in the UK and that was in seaside or city centre arcades. Things have certainly moved on at a pace since then!
‘Slots’ originated in the US and became very popular in Las Vegas. In the 1980s the concept of the ‘video slot’ was created – a computer-based ‘fruit machine’ in which mechanical reels were replaced by chips and a video screen. Extra features such as wilds, scatters and bonus games were added to slots, making them more appealing than mechanical slots with their single payline and perhaps the odd ‘nudge’ feature.
When the internet became ‘a thing’ it did not take long for slots to become available on the world wide web. Pretty soon online casinos were offering the best in slots, which initially were internet-based versions of existing video slots. Pretty soon though, companies began to create slots exclusively for the web, although some were ported back to real-world cabinets.
It did not take long after the release of the first iPhone in 2008 before mobile phones began to replace PCs and laptops as the main way that people accessed the internet. Mobile slots were developed to allow people to play slots on their mobile devices, both iPhones and iPads, plus Android-based devices too.
Most UK mobile slots were created using Adobe’s Flash software. Slots suffered a blow in 2017 when Apple announced that iPhone and iPads would no longer support Flash. Slots providers quickly switched their slots over to HTML5 instead, which is a coding language ideally suited to mobile slots and their development. By 2020, ALL slots were now coded using HTML5.
Mobile Slots in Browser vs Casino Apps
We are all used to internet browers. You type in the address of a site that you want to visit to get to it, or you use a search engine to find the very thing that you are looking for, and then navigate onwards.
Now, imagine a browser than has no navigation options. When you open it up, you cannot choose where you want to go. Also imagine that this ‘browser’ directs you to a specific page every time you load it up, and you cannot navigate to any different site – well done, you have just imagined a casino app!
In short, there is very little difference between playing mobile slots games via your favourite browser, and playing mobile slots via a dedicated, downloadable, bespoke casino app. Both are using exactly the same technology, no matter which option you choose.
Having said that, real money casino apps do give you a high level of convenience, as they are just ‘there’. While the broswer experience is identical, you still have to navigate to the site in order to start playing. Apps are also a little safer than browsers, as they do not store your history, nor store cookies on your device. You don’t have to worry about viruses or malware, whether you use browser based apps or bespoke casino apps.
Top 5 Mobile Slots
While some slots are real all-rounders, many slots are simply more suited for mobile play, even if they were never designed specifically with mobile in mind. Here we run down what we like to think of as the top five mobile phone slots of all time.
1. Starburst (NetEnt) – RTP: 96.09%
It’s hard to imagine the slotting world without one of NetEnt’s flagship slots, Starburst. We are willing to wager that there have been more spins of Starburst played than any other slot, ever. It has simplistic gameplay but is thrilling, especially when those colourful wilds turn up and big wins seem guaranteed.
Because it is such a simplistic slot and because the screen and symbols are so easy to see, Starbust is absolutely an ideal slot to play on mobile. In fact, we’re convinced that Starburst was made with mobiles in mind, even though it was created at a time – 2012 – when mobile devices had not really taken off. It really is the perfect slot for mobile devices in every way imaginable.
Where can you play Starburst
2. Avalon II (Microgaming) – RTP: 95.9%
The legends of King Arthur have long been the theme for many online slots. Avalon II certainly wasn’t the first (it wasn’t even the first ‘Avalon’ slot) and it certainly will not be the last. Avalon is an island so mythical that it doesn’t even appear on Google maps. It was where the notable sword Excalibur was forged, and where Arthur often went to recuperate after a particularly bloody battle.
Avalon II features simplistic gameplay (but not too simplistic) and exceptionally good graphics. This is a very atmospheric slot which is an all-ways-pay slot maxing out at 243 paylines. it also has a high number of beneficial features, including the wizardly ‘Merlin Bonus’ and expaning wilds. There is plenty to keep you coming back to this slot time and time again, especially on mobile.
Where can I play Avalon II?
3. Sizzling Hot Deluxe (Novomatic) – RTP: 95.66%
No matter how complicated mobile pay slots can become, sometimes players hanker for the ‘good old days’ when you did not need a degree in slotology in order to play an online slot. Sizzling Hot Deluxe by Novomatic may just be the type of slot these players are looking for. Not only does it have symplistic gameplay that makes it ideally suited for mobile play, it uses all the traditional symbols that fruit machine fanatics may well remember – lemons, cherries, plums, melons, lucky sevens and others.
This sizzling slot is by Novomatic, who are to slot machines in Austria as are Barcrest to the UK, and Aristrocrat to Australia. All three are companies that made their name first with real world slots (and still do). It’s a five-reel, three-row slot with only five paylines, but don’t let that worry you. Around since 2007, this slot has made plenty of people very happy indeed, with potential jackpots over £100,000.
Where can I play Sizzling Hot Deluxe?
4. Cleopatra (IGT) – RTP: 95.88%
We have already mentioned Starburst as being one of the flagship slots of NetEnt, well there is no doubt which slot is the flagship online slot and mobile slot from IGT – Cleopatra. This classic slots game has been around for about two decades now and can even be found in slotting cabinets in Las Vegas. Again, this simplistic yet entertaining slot is ideally suited to mobile devices.
So successful has Cleopatra been for IGT that the company released a follow up called, without much in the way of imagination, Cleopatra II. Although slightly more advanced than the original, Cleopatra II uses the same imagery (although tidied up a little) as the first slot so you get the same look and feel. Both slots are well worth playing, on mobile and on desktop too.
Where can I play Cleopatra?
5. Thunderstruck II (Microgaming) – RTP: 96.65%
Thunderstruck II has proven to be one of the most successful slots ever released by Microgaming. The original Thunderstruck slot was released back in 2004 and swifty proved to be incredibly popular, for many years being easily the most popular slot released by industry giants Microgaming. The much-requested sequel was released in 2010 and eventually eclipsed the original in terms of popularity, so much so that it was given a complete rework in 2020.
Thunderstruck II is a five reel, three row slot in which ‘all ways pay’, giving 243 ways to win. The theme is Norse mythology, with Odin, Thor, Loki and Valkyrie all making an appearance. The key aspect of this game is perhaps the features, as you collect them along the way and they become more and more lucrative. As soon as you’ve the lot, once a feature is triggered you can select any feature to play! Another fab slots game that’s perfectly suited for mobile.
Where can I play Thunderstruck II?
Graphic Requirements to Play Mobile Slots
Unless you have a mobile device that is more than five years old, you should not have any problems playing a single mobile slot. Even if you have a relatively small mobile screen it should not be a problem as all you need to do with most slots is hit the spin button and then watch those reels spin around. Mobile slots also tend to have special mechanics that makes choosing your stake and other options easy to perform.
Slots are created using the coding language HTML5, which is a language that was created specifically for adaptive websites. Such sites adapt themselves, no matter the size of the screen they are being viewed upon. These means that companies can just have one website, instead of having to maintain a separate site for desktop and mobile users.
Mobile slots games are usually very small in terms of memory size. This is so they can download quickly to your device, usually temporarily to your device’s memory. When you close the slot, your device will simply remove it from the memory chips.
Therefore, you should not have to worry too much about the graphic requirements to play mobile casino slots, unless you have a phone that’s not been upgraded since 2017!
Mobile Slots Welcome Bonuses
When casino apps were first being developed, casino companies would offer special ‘mobile only’ bonuses that you were only entitled to if you downloaded and installed their fledgling mobile apps. Now that most casinos use responsive websites as opposed to mobile apps there really is no need for them to offer specific mobile bonuses, and barely any of them do!
Despite this news, you can still claim any bonus that an online casino offers via your mobile device. In fact, if you do not wish to, you do not need to visit the desktop version of an online casino or slots sites, ever! Everything you need to do at an online casino you can do via mobile, just as easily as you can on desktop, and sometimes even easier! Here is a quick guide as to how you can claim a welcome bonus using your mobile device.
1. Head to the site
If you want, use one of the preferred casinos we have listed on this very page – pick one with an offer that definitely appeals to you. Mobile slots free spins bonuses are always worth looking out for! Complete the sign up process, and then confirm your account.
2. Make your deposit
You will know that you will need to make a minimum deposit in order to obtain your bonus. There will also be a maximum amount that is available as a bonus. Head to the site’s cashier and make your deposit.
3. Use your bonus
You can now use your bonus to play some of the best mobile pay slots around! Hopefully, by the time you have completely used your bonus, you will have some winnings available!
4. Meet your wagering and withdraw!
It would be nice if you could withdraw your bonus winnings there and then, but you have to playthrough your wagering! When you have done that you should, hopefully, have some balance remaining that you can withdraw or use to play even more of the best mobile casino slots the site has to offer.
Pay by Mobile Slots
If you do not want to bother registering your card or using an eWallet at your mobile slots casino, there are some other ways that you can get money into your mobile slots account.
One of the most convenient is ‘Pay by Mobile’, which can be used as a generic term for a number of mobile slots pay by phone bill payment methods including ‘Pay By Mobile’ themselves, plus Boku and PayByPhone. Such pay by mobile slots methods are available at Betfred.
These payment methods take cash directly from your carrier account. If you use any of these payment methods then you will see your deposits on your next mobile phone bill.
Although convenient, paying this way does have a few disadvantageous. Usually, you are limited to £30 in deposits per day (although some people may see that as a benefit), and fees may be involved. Additionally, you cannot make withdrawals via this method.
Other smartphone payment methods are becoming increasing available at online casinos, of which ApplePay is the most commonly accepted. GooglePay and SamsungPay are two alternatives. These simply link your bank cards or accounts directly to the payment system, enabling you to make payments on your mobile.
ApplePay, GooglePay and SamsungPay usually have generous deposit limits and come free of fees. You cannot usually use them to make withdrawals though. You can use ApplePay at NetBet and others.
Android Slots vs iPhone Slots – any Difference?
If there are any differences between Android slots and iPhone slots, they are negligible. Both devices render the slots using HTML5, and they render them in exactly the same way. Both iOS and Android as based on the same operating system – linux.
Perhaps the only difference between the two is that if you download an online casino app on an Apple device, it MUST come from the App Store. Most online casino apps for Android are available on Google Play, but some can be downloaded and installed as apk (Android Package) files. This is not an option on Apple devices.
We spend a great deal of our time using our mobile devices, so it makes complete sense to play the best in mobile casino slots using our Apple or Android devices. They offer convenience, and slots are probably more suited than any other casino game to be played on a mobile device.
We hope we have given you some great ideas of how to start to get the most from your mobile phone slots play, including the best mobile casinos at which to play them! May fortune smile on you when you play mobile slots, and please remember always to play responsibly.
#1 Mobile Slots UK Casino
- Betfred Mobile Slots 🥇 (9.8 / 10 Points)
- Kwiff Mobile Slots 🥈 (9.7 / 10 Points)
- Mr Play Mobile Slots 🥉 (9.7 / 10 Points)
- Mr Q Mobile Slots (9.7 / 10 Points)
- Casino Planet Mobile Slots (9.7 / 10 Points)
- Slots n’Play Mobile Slots (9.6 / 10 Points)
- NetBet Mobile Slots (9.6 / 10 Points)
- BritainBet Mobile Slots (9.6 / 10 Points)