PayPal has been one of the leading digital wallet companies over the past two decades. It has led the way in many regards with how easy it has made the sending and receiving of money quickly in an online environment. As a result, it has become a key part of many online casinos in the UK.
It makes sure to offer its services to regulated gambling platforms to make sure that everything is done the right way. This guide will take you through everything that you would need to know about PayPal casino sites, including how to get started, how to find the best PayPal casino UK site, and much more.
Best PayPal Online Casinos in the UK
After considering the many great PayPal casino sites that are out there today for UK players, here are some of the best options that are available to you:
- 888casino – Great No Deposit Bonus
- Mansion Casino – Top-Tier Range of Table Games
- Grosvenor Casino – Diverse Live Casino Games
- Unibet Casino – Very User-Friendly Casino
- 32Red Casino – Great Range of Game Studios
- Kwiff Casino – Large Live Casino Offering
- Genesis Casino – Beautifully Designed Casino
- Karamba Casino – Best Mobile Casino App
- Mr Green Casino – Most Diverse Casino Game Offering
- Sloty Casino – Best Collection of Online Slots
Best 5 PayPal Casinos Reviewed
1. 888casino – £88 No Deposit Bonus
888casino is one of the longest-running casino sites in the UK, having launched for the first time way back in 1997. Over the years, 888casino has developed into a strong offering, learning what its customers like to see and what doesn’t work well. The platform is perfectly designed, allowing you to navigate around each of the core sections.
You have access to a game library that has thousands of games. Most of this collection will be video slots, but you also have a diverse range of tables games and niche titles. The live casino is also very strong, having 888 branded live dealer tables on offer.
888casino has one of the best welcome offers around today, giving you an £88 no deposit bonus offer for just signing up for an account. You also get access to a range of other promotions if you are already an 888casino customer. Finally, 888casino has a good range of transaction sizes and PayPal withdrawals are very fast.
- No deposit bonus offer
- Huge game library
- 888 branded live dealer games
- Easy to use offering
- Not the best mobile offering
2. Mr Green Casino – 50 Free Spins
Mr Green Casino has one of the best-designed platforms in the UK online casino space. You are able to quickly and easily navigate the platform that is also very easy on the eye. It also has one of the best mobile apps around.
The game library doesn’t disappoint, with thousands of great games on offer. Slots fans will find titles from more than two dozen different studios, while table games are in abundance. You will find it hard to ever get bored thanks to this game library. Finally, the live casino is the icing on the cake.
As well as the online casino, there is also a sportsbook on offer at Mr Green. There are a dozen languages for you to choose from, as well as regular offers to keep you coming back again and again. This includes the welcome offer that allows you to get 50 free spins where you can keep the winnings.
- Beautifully designed
- Great mobile app
- Massive library of games
- A dozen different languages
- Not the biggest welcome offer
3. 32Red Casino – 150% First Deposit Bonus Up to £150
32Red Casino is another long-running casino platform that was first launched in 2002. It has developed a great reputation over the years and is particularly favoured among a UK audience. It was one of the UK’s first online casinos to embrace mobile gameplay.
The platform is well designed and has a decent array of games on offer. As well as having hundreds of video slots, it has one of the more impressive ranges of table games. This includes some very niche options that are not really found elsewhere. You also have access to more than 40 live dealer games, many of which are supplied by the market leader – Evolution.
There is a great welcome offer at 32Red Casino that allows you to get a 150% first deposit of up to £150. There is also a no deposit free spins bonus, as well as a great loyalty rewards program.
- Long-running brand
- Great range of table games
- Strong mobile offering
- Decent welcome offer
- Not a huge range of game studios
4. Unibet Casino – Deposit £10, Get £40 in Bonus Funds
Unibet Casino has been in the space since 1997, making it one of the UK’s oldest casino site operators. It has not stood still and has made sure to continually embrace change to make sure that it stays ahead of the pack. Its website platform is one of the best that you will ever come across, having a great colour scheme and functionality.
It is licensed by the likes of the UK Gambling Commission, with games coming from any of the world’s biggest game studios. It has a stunning game library, with slots games, and table games being well supported. There is a great range of bet sizes, as well as a live dealer offering that ticks all boxes.
A variety of promotions will be available through Unibet Casino and it has some of the best security protocols in place. With millions of players and thousands of games, you won’t go wrong with Unibet Casino.
- Beautiful design
- Long-running brand
- Thousands of titles
- Huge player base
- Not all games available via mobile
5. Sloty Casino – 100% First Deposit Bonus Up to £100 + 300 Free Spins
Sloty Casino is under the umbrella of Genesis Global Limited Casinos, which operates many other platforms in this space. This particular platform went live in 2017 and has been attracting a large customer base ever since.
Licensed by the UK Gambling Commission, Sloty Casino places a particularly heavy focus on its slots offering. You will find a diverse range of options from many of the biggest software providers, including Play’n GO, Microgaming, and NetEnt. You can access a huge range of different styles, features, and themes. There are also progressive jackpot slots that can promise jackpots worth millions of pounds.
While there is a focus on slots games at Sloty Casino, you will also be able to play table games and video poker. The live casino is also stocked up with dozens of great titles, coming from the likes of Evolution and Pragmatic Play. Finally, there are also many great promotions available through Sloty Casino, including a welcome offer that sees you get a 100% first deposit bonus up to £100, as well as 300 free spins.
- Large welcome offer
- Great range of slots
- Leading live casino
- Simple to use platform
- Customer service response times are a bit slow
Why Use PayPal
There are many reasons why PayPal is a good payment option when you are using an online casino. We will look at some of the main factors that make it stand out from other common payment options that you will come across. Here is a look at some of the main features:
- Reputation: PayPal has one of the best reputations around when it comes to payment options. It has been operating in the online space for more than two decades and is known for only dealing with casino sites that are regulated by the UK Gambling Commission. Therefore, if PayPal is supported as a payment option, you know that the site is closely regulated. PayPal also has a reputation for being reliable and fulfilling all key functions in a reasonable timeframe.
- Security: PayPal is known for having a very secure foundation, meaning that you can add and deposit funds in a very secure way to your online casino account. As you are not sharing your bank info directly with the online casino as you are using PayPal to conduct the transfer of funds, you are able to better protect your sensitive data. You will also be protected by some of the most stringent security protocols that you will come across.
- Speed: One of the standout reasons why people like casinos that accept PayPal is because of the fast processing speeds. You will be hard-pressed finding an option that will allow you to process your money at a faster rate than PayPal. Deposits made through PayPal almost always will reach your casino account straight away. Withdrawals then are usually faster when using an e-wallet like PayPal than other options. Once you get approved for your payout, it can often just take a few hours when using PayPal for your withdrawal to fully process.
- User-Friendly: PayPal is very easy to use, no matter if you are conducting a transaction on mobile or desktop. There is a very clear process in place that even total beginners can understand. To send or receive money, all you need to enter your email address and PayPal password. There is nothing too complicated when using PayPal as a payment option, which is ideal.
Step-By-Step Guide on How to Use PayPal at Online Casinos
The process of getting started with a casino accepting PayPal is very straightforward. In little to no time at all, you will be up and running, being able to quickly add funds to your account and begin the process of playing your favourite casino games. Here is a step by step look at how you get begun with minimal hassle:
Step 1: Open a PayPal Account
The first step will see you opening a PayPal account if you do not already have one. You need to visit the PayPal website or download the app. The registration process will ask for standard info, such as full name, home address, and date of birth.
The entire process will usually take a minute or two. PayPal will usually ask you to then verify your information by uploading a copy of photo ID and proof of address.
Step 2: Fund your PayPal account
Once your PayPal account has been set up, you will then proceed to add funds to this account. You are able to link a bank account or a debit card to PayPal. Usually, a test transaction will be completed in order to successfully link the payment option.
Once this test transaction has been completed, you will then be able to add funds to PayPal. Simply choose your payment option and how much you want to deposit. The funds should be accessible straight away.
Step 3: Select your PayPal casino site
The next step will be to choose from the list of PayPal casino sites. There are many great options, so a little bit of homework will usually be required. You will find a list of the best options for PayPal casino sites outlined in this guide.
Make sure that you choose a platform that is a good fit for your preferences and tastes. Signing up for an account with an online casino is also very easy, with the process being very similar to setting up your PayPal account.
Step 4: Fund your casino account
Once you have created your online casino account, you will then be ready to add some money to it. Make sure that you know what the welcome offer is for that given site, as you might need to enter a promo code or make a deposit of a certain size in order to activate this deal. You will be able to choose PayPal as your deposit method. Each site will have its own minimum and maximum deposit limits in place for different transaction methods.
All you need to do is choose PayPal and enter how much you want to deposit. You will then be taken to a secure PayPal log-in page where you can confirm that you wish to make this transaction. Your money will then appear in your online casino account with no time wasted.
Step 5: How to withdraw your funds to PayPal from a UK casino site
If you have been playing on a PayPal casino account and have had some success, so you might want to withdraw some of your winnings. All you need to do is go to the withdrawal section on the casino site and choose PayPal as your withdrawal option. Enter your PayPal email address and the amount that you wish to withdraw.
All you need to do then usually is enter your casino site password and you are good to go. It can take a day or two for a lot of casino sites to approve a withdrawal request. Once you get approval, PayPal withdrawals will usually process entirely within 24 hours and often within a few hours.
Step 6: How to withdraw from PayPal to your bank
Once your withdrawn funds have reached PayPal from your casino site account, you will be able to withdraw them to your bank account if you wish to do so. The process is very similar to how you withdraw the money from your casino account.
You will usually have a bank account linked to PayPal and choose how much money you want to transfer. This transaction should then process within a few hours in most cases.
PayPal Fees, Other Expenses, Bet Limits
If you are looking at different payment methods, you will want to know if there are any fees or charges that you are going to need to pay. PayPal does not really have any fees associated with using this as an online payment method. You will pay no fee for adding funds to PayPal or sending them to your casino account or withdrawing from this account to PayPal.
The main fees that PayPal users might face are currency conversion fees if you are dealing with multiple currencies when making transactions. There is also a fee in place if you are transferring money abroad. For the most part, you don’t need to worry about paying PayPal fees when it comes to using it as a way to conduct casino site transactions.
Every casino site will have its own limits when it comes to how much you can deposit or withdraw at one time or for a given period. There are usually limits in place per transaction, per 24-hour period, per week, and per month. These limits will often vary depending on what transaction method you are using.
Many of the leading PayPal casino sites allow you to deposit as little as £5 and up to multiple thousands of pounds. The same range of limits are usually in place when you are withdrawing funds from the casino site and back to your PayPal account.
The processing times seen with using PayPal are generally some of the best that you will come across. Deposits will be processed instantly, while withdrawals will usually take less than 24 hours after approval has been granted for this payout. In many instances, you can get your withdrawn funds through PayPal in just a couple of hours. Therefore, it is a popular option as a result of its low fee structure and fast processing speeds.
PayPal Casino Signup Bonuses and Free Spins
One of the leading aspects involved with signing up for a new online casino account is being able to get your hands on a welcome offer. A PayPal casino bonus offer can come in numerous different forms. Most commonly, you will get a deposit bonus. This sees your initial deposit (or sometimes subsequent deposit also) getting matched to a certain size. For example, you might get a 100% first deposit bonus of up to £200.
There will also commonly be welcome offers that involve free spins. These could even be in the form of a PayPal casino no deposit bonus offer whereby you get free spins without needing to deposit any funds at all.
There are certain types of offers that will exclude PayPal payments from being eligible for the deal. Therefore, you should always check out the terms and conditions of an offer beforehand in order to see if this is the case or not. Here is a look at some of the leading PayPal casino bonus offers you will come across in the UK:
- 888casino – £88 No Deposit Bonus
- 32Red Casino – 150% First Deposit Bonus Up to £150
- Sloty Casino – 100% First Deposit Bonus Up to £100 + 300 Free Spins
PayPal Pros & Cons
Just like with all types of payment options, there are different pros and cons when it comes to using PayPal on a casino site. You can get a quick insight as to what the benefits and drawbacks of using PayPal might be. Here are some of those pros and cons:
- Great Reputation: PayPal has a great reputation for being trustworthy and it only deals with casino sites that are licensed by the UK Gambling Commission.
- Secure: PayPal is a very safe way for you to add or withdraw funds from an online casino, protecting your sensitive financial info.
- Low-Cost: There are little to no fees attached with using PayPal for funding an online casino account.
- Fast to Use: PayPal is one of the fastest ways that you can add and withdraw funds through an online casino account.
- Verification Needed: When you link a bank account or card to your PayPal account, you need to conduct a test transaction which can sometimes be a bit slow.
- Currency Exchange Fees: If you are dealing with multiple currencies, then you will face significant currency exchange fees.
PayPal is one of the safest, fastest, and easiest-to-use payment options at online casinos in the UK. Therefore, you will be in a good place if you proceed with using PayPal. You can choose one of the leading PayPal casino sites and get started in just a few minutes. You’ll be playing your favourite casino games in little to no time at all.