The United States Open Championship, commonly known as the US Open, is the third of four major golf tournaments. Worth over $12 million in prize money, the event has been won by the likes of Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy and Bryson DeChambeau over the years.
Top 10 US Open Golf Betting Sites
Bet £10 Get £30 In Free Bets
- US Open golf odds added months in advance
- Price boosts
- Live golf markets
Bet £10 Get £60 In Bonuses
- Pre-tournament and in-play golf betting markets
- Generous welcome bonus
- Competitive golf betting odds
Free Bet Up to £25
- Up to 5 Each Way US Open places
- Plenty of sportsbook promotions
- iOS and Android mobile apps
Bet £10 Get £50 In Bet Credits
- Outright US Open odds
- Women’s US Open golf betting odds
- Leading international online bookie
Bet £10 and Get £30 Free Bet
- US Open odds added months in advance of tournament
- Easy to use sportsbook
- Quick withdrawals
50% first deposit bonus up to £50
- Outright and each way odds for the Open
- Large number of payment methods
- Golf-specific promotions
Bet £10 Get £30 In Bonuses
- Golf bet boosts
- 5 places for each way bets
- US Open golf betting tips via blog
£20 Cash Back If First Bet Is Lost
- Golf Power Prices
- 6 places on each way US Open bets
- Competitive odds
Bet £20 Get £40 In Free Bets
- Plenty of US Open golf betting picks
- iOS and Android betting apps
- PayPal & Apple Pay accepted
US Open golf betting is also big business. While golf betting odds are offered by many bookies, some sites stand out when it comes to the US Open. On this page, we will discuss how to back your favourites, as well as delivering our top US Open golf betting tips!
How to Choose the Best US Open Bookmaker
Given the status of the US Open in the golfing calendar, it will come as no surprise that the tournament is covered by the vast majority of online bookmakers. However, some bookies are better than others when it comes to US Open golf betting. So, what should punters consider before signing up and placing bets? The following are among the most important factors to look into surrounding US Open betting:
- US Open Markets – The best golf betting sites offer outright and live US Open markets. As well as being able to bet on the winner of the tournament, punters can wager on the region in which the winning player will come from, top 10 finish and other markets. Betfred is the leading bookie in this area, with additional markets being added in the build-up to the US Open.
- US Open Odds – Golf betting odds will determine how much customers make from winning wagers on the US Open. Oddschecker golf pages make it clear that some bookies offer better prices than others. Regardless of the bet type, it is important to know that you are taking advantage of the best odds available. With US Open golf price boosts, BetUK leads the way here.
- Additional Features – Live streaming, cash out and bet builders will enhance the experience for punters at US Open golf betting sites. Such features are also why many favour online betting, as opposed to the high street. Bet365 offers a host of additional features, many of which can be used when betting on the US Open.
- Golf Promotions – The best golf betting sites also offer a variety of promotions. Both new and existing customers can take advantage of offers. A welcome bonus or free bet is common, while price boosts, extra places and accumulator insurance are among the ongoing promotions to look out for. Of course, the terms and conditions should be fair too. Paddy Power always offers attractive promos surrounding the US open.
- Mobile Betting – US Open golf betting should be available on mobile and tablet too. Live bets on the tournament may well be time-sensitive. So, being able to quickly login to your betting account using your smartphone or tablet must be simple. With an excellent app, 10Bet has certainly recognised the importance of mobile betting.
How US Open Golf Bookmaker Compare
|Bookie||Live US Open Betting||Price Boosts||Mobile App||Live Streaming|
US Open 2022 Betting Odds
Golf betting odds are among the most competitive around. This is especially true when it comes to the four Majors. There is often little to choose between the favourites, with US Open golf betting odds being too close to call. Most punters will take advantage of outright markets, which usually means betting on the player they believe will finish with the lowest score after four rounds.
Of course, other markets are available. However, outright US Open Golf 22 odds are easiest to read by looking at prices for the favourites. The table below provides a breakdown of how our top 3 bookies perform in this area. US Open odds will change in the build-up to the event, based on tournament results, injuries and other factors:
Best US Open Golf Betting Offers
When betting on the US Open, a number of promotions will potentially be activated. Some will be specific to the tournament itself, while others may be more generic. Each offer will have its own unique terms and conditions. Below are the most common betting offers awaiting golf fans:
Free bets are arguably the best reward for punters wagering on the US Open. such rewards can be unlocked in a variety of ways. Any winnings made from free bets will likely be available to withdraw immediately, with wagering requirements being rare. An example could be to win a £10 free bet if placing a select number of wagers on the US Open.
Ahead of the US Open, bookies are likely to introduce price boosts, also known as enhanced odds. Available on selected markets, this simply means that the odds are increased in an attempt to attract punters. For example, the price on Rory McIlroy to win the tournament could move from 23/2 to 18/1.
When placing each way bets, it is important to consider the number of places a bookie is paying out on. A number of bookies will offer extra places on the US Open, up to as high as eight in some cases. This will increase your chances of earning a profit, even if your pick does not win the tournament outright.
US Open Betting Markets to Consider
When it comes to US Open golf betting, there are a number of markets to consider. Below are some of the most popular markets, including a recommended bookmaker for each:
How to Bet on the US Open
For those new to golf betting, it is important to understand the process. Below, we will outline the step by step process surrounding both registering a sportsbook account and placing bets.
How to Open a Sportsbook Account
- Enter your chosen sportsbook site on desktop or mobile.
- Click or tap on the “Register” or “Join” button.
- Complete the registration form by entering the necessary personal details.
- Create a username and password.
- Read and accept the bookie’s terms and conditions.
- Verify your account via email.
How to Place a US Open Golf Bet
- Login to your sportsbook account using your username and password.
- Select the “Golf” option.
- Locate the 2022 US Open markets.
- Browse markets and view the US Open odds on offer.
- Add selections to your bet slip by clicking or tapping on the player’s name. For example, Brooks Koepka each-way.
- View your bet slip, entering your chosen stake in the process.
- When happy, click or tap on the “Place Bet” button.
US Open Live Betting
As soon as the opening tee shot of the US Open is hit, live betting markets become active. Also known as in-play, this form of betting involves constantly fluctuating odds. For example, if a player makes a birdie, their price to win will likely drop. Many will wait until the opening round is complete before wagering. Meanwhile, those with an expert knowledge of golf may also favour in-play betting.
For example, some players are known for being slow starters, while others find their rhythm from the first tee. Be sure to keep a close eye on the odds as they change. Timing is everything with live golf betting. However, don’t leave it too late. Live golf odds on those at the top of the leaderboard will only shorten as the tournament goes on.
US Open Golf Live Stream
The US Open will be broadcast live in the UK by SkySports. Unfortunately, live golf streams on betting sites are few and far between. As such, punters should not expect to find US Open live streaming services when signing up with online bookies in the UK. There are still plenty of ways to keep track of the action at The Country Club.
5 Ultimate US Open Betting Tips
Unfortunately, there are no guarantees that US Open golf betting will result in profits. However, there are steps in which punters can take to maximise their chances of success. Our expert tips will put customers in a strong position to beat the bookies:
- Top 10 Finish – Backing the outright winner of a golf major is no easy task. This is due to the quality of the field, with only the world’s leading players qualifying. So, give yourself a level of insurance by taking advantage of “top 5/10 finish!” markets, available with an increasing number of bookies. That way, even if your pick doesn’t take home the trophy, you can still be a winner.
- Do Your Homework – Look at the form books before betting too. Often, players who have been hitting the ball well and sinking putts in the weeks leading up to a major are among the biggest threats. Factors including world ranking, previous major wins and major appearances should also be taken into account.
- Consider the Course – The 2022 US Open will be held at The Country Club in Brookline. This was the same course that staged the 2013 US Amateur, won by Matt Fitzpatrick, as well as the 1999 Ryder Cup, when the United States ran out winners over Europe. Players here need to be accurate off the tee, with some serious rough being found otherwise. As such, certain players will hold an advantage from the outset.
- Home Favourites – A host of American golfers are likely to be in contention for the 2022 US Open. Domestic players have won the championship regularly over recent years, with European pro’s often struggling. So, be sure to take a close look at the leading American players competing this year.
- Tee Times – Scoring can be significantly impacted by weather conditions. Those teeing off early can often take advantage of the calm conditions. Meanwhile, if the wind and rain worsens, those teeing off in the afternoon may struggle to make birdies.
Key Facts About the US Open Golf
US Open Golf dates back to 1895, with the tournament being played in a 72 holes of stroke play format, spread across four rounds. The championship, organised by the United States Golf Association, is worth $12.5 million in prize money. The US Open takes place on a variety of courses, with the event being known for its difficulty, as well as favouring those who are accurate off the tee.
In 2022, the US open will take place at The Country Club in Brookline, which last hosted the event in 1988. With 268, Rory McIlroy holds the record for the lowest aggregate score. Meanwhile, just four players have won the US Open four times, including the great Jack Nicklaus.
It is also worth noting that Tiger Woods holds the record for the greatest winning margin, coming in 2000, when the legendary player won by a massive 15 strokes. Finally, Graeme McDowell’s success in 2010 was one of the biggest shocks in US Open history. The Northern Irishman was priced at 80/1 ahead of the tournament that year!
Past US Open results are likely to be taken into account by bookies when they calculate golf betting odds ahead of the tournament. Some players have consistently challenged on the final day over the years. Meanwhile, American Brooks Koepka won back-to-back championships between 2017-2018, before finishing as runner-up in 2019.
Americans have dominated the US Open over the years. In fact, over the last decade, seven winners have been from the United States. There has been the odd European success, including Jon Rahm in 2021, who claimed his first major win at Torrey Pines. 100 players make up the opening two rounds at the US Open, before half are cut at the end of day two.
As you will see from the table below, the course has a significant impact upon scoring. Koepka won at Erin Hills in 2017 after finishing on -16. This is compared to a year later, when the same player won at Shinnecock Hills with a score of +1. Let’s take a closer look at the US Open golf winners over the last 10 years:
|2021||Jon Rahm||-6||Louis Oosthuizen|
|2020||Bryson DeChambeau||-6||Matthew Wolff|
|2019||Gary Woodland||-13||Brooks Koepka|
|2018||Brooks Koepka||+1||Tommy Fleetwood|
|2017||Brooks Koepka||-16||Brian Harman, Hideki Matsuyama|
|2016||Dustin Johnson||-4||Jim Furyk, Shane Lowry, Scott Piercy|
|2015||Jordan Spieth||-5||Dustin Johnson, Louis Oosthuizen|
|2014||Martin Kaymer||-9||Erik Compton, Ricky Fowler|
|2013||Justin Rose||+1||Jason Day, Phil Mickleson|
|2012||Webb Simpson||+1||Graeme McDowell, Michael Thompson|
Bottom Line on US Open Golf Betting
As one of the four golf majors, the US Open rightly receives a great deal of attention from betting customers. US Open Golf 2022 betting odds have been available since Jon Rahm sank his final putt last year. Odds for the Open will be available until the final hole at The Country Club in Brookline. With the opening round getting underway on June 16, there is still time to read US open golf betting tips and back your favourite. Check out our recommended bookies, with each offering a generous welcome bonus or free bet.
- 2kBet UK 🥇 (9.6 / 10 Points)
- 10Bet UK 🥈 (9.4 / 10 Points)