The Premier League is undoubtedly the most popular football competition in the world. Its excitement, competitiveness and quality makes it a spectacle enjoyed by millions across the world. Betting on Premier League is also available with the vast majority of bookmakers. Premier League betting sites battle it out among themselves for the attention of punters.
Whether you are looking to bet on Manchester City to win the title or Tottenham Hotspur to overcome North London rivals Arsenal, Premier League betting odds are easily accessible online. On this page, we will outline how betting for Premier League works. This includes Premier League betting tips and Premier League betting offers. Let’s start by listing our favourite platforms for betting Premier League.
Bet £10, Get £30 in Free Bets
- Competitive odds & array of EPL markets
- Acca Club boosts profit 5 times weekly
- Superb for eSports and Virtual Sports
Bet £10, Get £30 In Free Bets + £10 Casino Bonus
- Extensive outright EPL markets
- Handy Schedule helps with in-play betting
- BOG on all UK & Irish horse races
50% first deposit bonus up to £50
- Unique football offers put on weekly
- Enhanced odds deals on offer daily
- Around 30 different sports to bet on
Bet £10 Get £60 in Bonuses
- Great bookie for football betting
- Asian handicap markets
- 'Double Delight/Hat-trick Heaven'
Bet £10 Get £30 In Free Bets
- Great for in-play football betting
- Premier League weekly offers
- Cash-out available on most markets
Bet £10 and Get a £20 Surprise Bet
- Competitive odds on EPL markets
- Excellent iOS & android mobile app
- Price boosts with Kwiff Supercharge feature
Bet £10 Get £20 In Free Bets
- Very good EPL coverage
- Weekly Acca Deal on all sports
- Fun FIVES game free to play
The Top 20 Premier League Betting Sites
- BetUK – Top bookie for Premier League price boosts
- 888Sport – Leading Premier League betting odds
- MansionBet – Best site for Premier League betting offers
- William Hill – Large number of Premier League outright betting markets
- 10Bet – Generous welcome bonus available
- Betfred – Plenty of Premier League handicap betting options
- SportNation – Regular Premier League enhanced odds offers
- Kwiff – Easy to use Premier League betting site
- Virgin Bet – Leading bookie for acca bets
- SBK – Specific to iOS & Android users
- Vbet – Attractive in-play Premier League markets
- SpreadEx – Fixed odds & spread betting
- BoyleSports – Home to numerous additional features
- 21.co.uk – Regular Premier League betting tips
- QuinnBet – Huge number of ongoing promotions
- 2kBet – Host of live betting features
- Parimatch – Premier League bet builder feature
- BetBull – Excellent mobile betting platform
- Betiton – Boosted acca winnings
- LiveScore Bet – Home of Premier League specials
How We Rank The Top Premier League Betting Sites
Given the huge number of Premier League betting sites available to punters in the UK today, it is important to separate the best from the rest. Our experts have taken the time to review all available bookies. When ranking them, we have taken into consideration the following factors:
- Premier League Markets – Premier League betting today is far more than simply wagering on the results on a Saturday. Pre-match, in-play and outright markets are available on most sites. Popular options include over/under goals, first goalscorer, draw no bet and Asian handicap. So, you must ensure that a potential bookie caters for your needs in this area. When it comes to Premier League betting markets, there are no better bookies than William Hill. Here, Premier League matches come with 600+ markets in total.
- Premier League Odds – Premier League betting odds differ between bookies. As such, potential winnings can also differ. However, punters will wish to know that they are taking advantage of the very best prices. There are a few bookies that stand out in this area. Meanwhile, others try to level the playing field by offering price boosts on selected matches. 888Sport regularly offers top odds, in particular when it comes to in-play markets.
- Premier League Offers – Part of the appeal of betting on the Premier League online is the promotions found. Betting offers available include free bets, price boosts, acca insurance, acca boosts and money back specials. Of course, terms and conditions are involved. However, the best Premier League betting sites make wagering on the competition more appealing because of their promos. MansionBet is one of the leading names here. The bookie offers a generous welcome offer, regular price boosts and other football betting offers.
- Betting Features – While live streaming of the Premier League is not offered due to broadcasting terms, other features enhance the experience for punters. Cash out, bet builder and live betting are among the most in-demand features for football fans today. With a host of additional features for Premier League betting customers to take advantage of, BetUK is well worth checking out.
- Mobile Betting – It has never been so important for bookies to cater well for their mobile customers. A large proportion of Premier League bets are now placed via smartphones and tablets. Meanwhile, many bookies have invested time and money into developing dedicated betting apps. With their platform having been created specifically with mobile bettors in mind, BetBull scores highly here.
Winning Strategies When Betting On the Premier League
Unfortunately, there are no Premier League betting strategies that guarantee success. However, it is important for punters to have a strategy and stick to it. Wagering with little or no thought is a sure-fire method of losing money. So, just what are the most popular strategies when it comes to betting for Premier League? Let’s take a closer look:
Effectively, matched betting guarantees for a profit. However, punters must ensure that they carry out this strategy accurately. Matched betting is only available when free bet offers are delivered by bookies. You use the free bet to stake on one team, while betting on their opponent with a “lay” bet on an exchange. In doing so, punters have all three possible results covered. For those still confused, let’s take a look at an example:
Newcastle United are hosting Everton in the Premier League. You would use a £10 free bet to back Newcastle to win at odds of 2.30. Meanwhile, you place a lay bet of £5.42 on Newcastle not winning (Everton win or draw). In the event of your back bet winning, £13 in profit will be made. Meanwhile, if Everton win or the match ends in a draw, profit from the exchange will be £5.42.
This strategy certainly takes some getting used to. Meanwhile, punters must also work out exactly how much they need to stake to guarantee a profit. However, if carried out correctly, matched betting can be hugely effective.
Price boosts surrounding Premier League matches are available weekly. For example, odds on Arsenal to beat West Ham United could move from 1/3 to ⅖. Similar to matched betting, punters here must place a bet on the enhanced odds option, before covering the other potential outcomes elsewhere. While returns here are also guaranteed when done right, earnings will be minimal.
Many punters will place accumulator bets across a Premier League weekend. A Goliath bet is similar, however being based on eight selections, there are actually 247 different outcomes. Such outcomes cover all potential combinations, from doubles to eight-fold wins. Stakes will be multiplied accordingly. For example, a £0.10 bet would actually cost you £24.70. While investment is high, should just two picks win, some form of returns will be made. Of course, the more selections that are correct, the higher the returns will be.
Premier League Betting Odds
Premier League betting odds will differ between bookies. Although bookies have all of the same information available to them, their opinion on results will not always be the same. Some of the most famous but also a lot of new betting sites have a better reputation than others surrounding Premier League prices. However, those with a good knowledge of football should be able to find value on a regular basis. Prices are calculated by taking into account factors such as form, head to head records and player availability. In order to give you a better understanding of how Premier League odds work, the table below shows prices on which club will win the 21/22 title:
Premier League In Play Betting
Live betting has transformed the way in which many punters wager on the Premier League. Live betting, also known as in-play, is when bets are placed after the first ball has been struck in anger. Odds are constantly changing, based on goals being scored, cards being handed out or injuries being suffered. Those who bet at the right time will often reap the rewards. Whether you are looking to bet on Manchester United scoring a late winner at Old Trafford or no further goals to be scored in the clash between Burnley and Crystal Palace, bookies now offer hundreds of live Premier League markets. When it come to live football markets, the following are among the most popular:
- Full time result
- Double chance
- Next goal
- Total goals
- Asian handicap
- Last team to score
- Next goalscorer
Popular Premier League Betting Markets
Premier League matches come with hundreds of different markets. However, some are more popular than others. For those new to betting on the English top-flight, the following markets are well worth considering:
Available both before and during the season, punters can bet on which club they believe will end up as title winners. The likes of Manchester City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester United have all lifted the famous trophy over the years. This is always a popular market, with some looking to back an outsider, such as Leicester City. The Foxes were famously 500/1 with some bookies when they won the title back in 2016. Almost all Premier League betting sites offer this market, with 888Sport offering attractive odds in particular.
Similarly, punters can also bet on the possibility of a particular club being relegated to the Championship. It does not matter which of the bottom three positions they ultimately finish in. For example, you may wish to bet on Norwich City to be relegated come the end of the season. William Hill is a bookie that offers this market each and every season, right up until the relegation places have been confirmed.
Available both pre-match and in-play, 1×2 simply refers to the three possible results. Home win, draw and away win can be bet on. There is normally a clear favourite and outsider, based on league standings and other factors. Those betting on a draw will likely find higher odds. Offering regular price boosts and excellent Premier League coverage, MansionBet is a bookie that certainly delivers in this area.
An increasingly popular market involves betting on the total number of goals scored during a Premier League match. With this particular market, punters are staking on there being over or under a set number. For example, over 2.5 goals in the clash between Leicester City and Brighton & Hove Albion. A number of options are available, including over/under 0.5, 1.5, 3,5 and more. Offering over/under up to 6.5 goals, SBK is an excellent option for this market.
A topic of discussion before any Premier League match is which player will score the opening goal of the game. In-form strikers are normally offered short odds. Meanwhile, significant returns can be made when successfully backing a defender. Each player will be given a price, with own goals not counting. Betfred offers the first goalscorer market on all Premier League matches during the season.
In order to give themselves a little more margin for error, some punters will take advantage of the double chance market. Here, three different options are available. Team A win or draw, Team A or Team B win and Team B or draw. 10Bet offers appealing odds on Premier League double chance markets.
Both Teams to Score
The Premier League is known for high-scoring matches. Given the quality of attacking players on show, betting on both teams to score during 90 minutes is another popular option. Here, punters must simply bet on “Yes” or “No”. Kwiff offers this market on all matches, along with a host of other options.
Half Time/Full Time
When the 1×2 odds are not so favourable, half time/full time is a market worth considering. Nine possible outcomes are available to bet on here. These include Team A/Team A, draw/Team A, Draw/Draw and Team B/Team B. Effectively, punters are betting on the score at both half time and full time. Vbet delivers this market on all Premier League matches.
Draw No Bet
Here, punters are effectively removing the possibility of the draw. By betting on either a home or away win, a refund will be given if the match ends in a draw. While not being available with all bookies, BoyleSports is one that does.
Our Top Premier League Betting Tips
When betting on the Premier League, there are a number of factors to consider. In order to help you along the way, we have put together the following expert Premier League betting tips:
Who Will Win The Premier League?
Betting on which team will win the Premier League title is always big business. In 21/22, it looks like being the usual suspects who will battle it out. So, let’s take a closer look at the clubs capable of lifting the trophy come the end of the season.
As the reigning champions, Man City are the favourites to finish top of the pile once again. Having invested heavily in bringing in Jack Grealish, City undoubtedly has the firepower to outlast their rivals. Manager Pep Guardiola is known for his tactical genius and motivation. As such, it will take a monumental effort for anyone to finish ahead of the Citizens. City are available to back at best odds of 10/11 with William Hill.
Having finally won their first ever Premier League title in 2020, Liverpool will be hoping to return to the top of the table once again. Led by Jurgen Klopp, the likes of Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane make them a threat against anyone. If Virgil van Dijk can remain fit, they may well be able to challenge. The Reds are available at best odds of 4/1 with 888Sport at this stage of the season.
European champions Chelsea look like they have a squad capable of mounting a challenge this season too. Manager Thomas Tuchel brought Romelu Lukaku back to the club over the summer, with his goals potentially being the difference this year. The Blue can be backed at 11/4 with MansionBet.
Despite having not won the title since 2013, there is hope at Old Trafford that the Red Devils can mount a challenge this year. With Cristiano Ronaldo having returned and Jadon Sancho and Raphael Varane having joined too, the United squad is better than it has been in many years. However, odds of 16/1 from BetVictor demonstrated that the team is still a work in progress.
Previous Premier League Winners
The table below shows how the Premier League has panned out over the years. As you will see, the same teams crop up continuously, along with some surprise packages.
|1992–93||Manchester United||Aston Villa||Alex Ferguson|
|1993–94||Manchester United||Blackburn Rovers||Alex Ferguson|
|1994–95||Blackburn Rovers||Manchester United||Kenny Dalglish|
|1995–96||Manchester United||Newcastle United||Alex Ferguson|
|1996–97||Manchester United||Newcastle United||Alex Ferguson|
|1997–98||Arsenal||Manchester United||Arsène Wenger|
|1998–99||Manchester United||Arsenal||Alex Ferguson|
|1999–2000||Manchester United||Arsenal||Alex Ferguson|
|2000–01||Manchester United||Arsenal||Alex Ferguson|
|2002–03||Manchester United||Arsenal||Alex Ferguson|
|2005–06||Chelsea||Manchester United||José Mourinho|
|2006–07||Manchester United||Chelsea||Alex Ferguson|
|2007–08||Manchester United||Chelsea||Alex Ferguson|
|2008–09||Manchester United||Liverpool||Alex Ferguson|
|2009–10||Chelsea||Manchester United||Carlo Ancelotti|
|2010–11||Manchester United||Chelsea||Alex Ferguson|
|2011–12||Manchester City||Manchester United||Roberto Mancini|
|2012–13||Manchester United||Manchester City||Alex Ferguson|
|2013–14||Manchester City||Liverpool||Manuel Pellegrini|
|2014–15||Chelsea||Manchester City||José Mourinho|
|2015–16||Leicester City||Arsenal||Claudio Ranieri|
|2016–17||Chelsea||Tottenham Hotspur||Antonio Conte|
|2017–18||Manchester City||Manchester United||Pep Guardiola|
|2018–19||Manchester City||Liverpool||Pep Guardiola|
|2019–20||Liverpool||Manchester City||Jürgen Klopp|
|2020–21||Manchester City||Manchester United||Pep Guardiola|
Best Premier League Betting Offers
As we have already alluded to, Premier League betting sites will often introduce offers specific to the competition. Meanwhile, some generic football promotions will also cater for fans of the English top-flight. The following are among the best offers for Premier League fans to keep an eye on:
MansionBet Premier League Brace Insurance
Punters at MansionBet can get up to £10 back as a free bet each time that a brace is scored in a Premier League match. Meanwhile, a free bet up to £20 is available when a hat-trick is scored. In order to qualify, place a £5 pre-match bet on the first/last goalscorer, correct score, half time/full time or match result markets.
QuinnBet 0-0 Draw Special
At QuinnBet, those placing first/anytime goalscorer, correct score or half time/full time bets on Premier League matches will get a refund of up to £10 if it ends 0-0.
Vbet Acca Insurance
Vbet offers a refund of up to £50 to those losing their acca bet because of just one pick. In order to qualify, an acca featuring 6+ picks must be placed, at minimum odds of 8/13. The minimum stake required to qualify is just £2.
SpreadEx 1st Scorer Insurance
Bet on a Premier League football match at SpreadEx and if your first goalscorer pick does not score first, but does score last, your stake will be refunded as a free bet. The maximum refund available is £25.
Online Premier League Betting Sites v In-Shop
Formerly, Premier League betting was only available with high street bookmakers. However, the vast majority of bets are now placed online. So, just what are the main pros and cons of Premier League betting sites:
What We Like
- Hugely convenient
- Premier League betting offers and bonuses
- Live betting opportunities
- Additional features
- Quick withdrawals
What We Don’t Like
- Harder to bet responsibly
- No social aspects
Final Word on Premier League Betting Sites
There is no doubt that the Premier League is the most popular competition for betting customers. However, competition for places among Premier League betting sites is as fierce as the on-pitch action. On this page, we have listed and discussed our top ranked bookies for betting on the Premier League. So, before you start wagering on your favourite teams and players, be sure to find the site that best suits your needs. When signing up, you can also claim a generous bonus!
Premier League Betting Sites FAQ’s
- Kwiff UK 🥇 (9.7 / 10 Points)
- BetUK UK 🥈 (9.7 / 10 Points)
- Betfred UK 🥉 (9.7 / 10 Points)
- 888Sport UK (9.7 / 10 Points)
- Virgin Bet UK (9.7 / 10 Points)
- SBK UK (9.7 / 10 Points)
- 10Bet UK (9.4 / 10 Points)