The second Clasico of the season is upon us and Real Madrid will be hoping to exact revenge for the humiliation they suffered against Barcelona at Santiago Bernabeu earlier this season.
Barcelona thrashed Real Madrid 4-0 in the first Clasico of the season and Luis Enrique will be hoping for more of the same when the two sides meet at Camp Nou tomorrow.
One of the most anticipated fixtures in club football, El Clasico has always had a big say in the Spanish title race over the years. However, the Catalan giants are in supreme form right now and well ahead of bitter rivals Real Madrid this time.
Los Blancos not only need to win this game, they also need to pray for a few upsets along the way for Barcelona if they want to win the league title this year.
El Clasico showcases some of the finest footballing talents in the world and here at Soccerlens we decided to put together a combined Real Madrid – Barcelona lineup based on the quality of the individual stars and their current from.
Barcelona vs Real Madrid: Key Stats
- Lionel Messi has scored 499 career goals so far and could score his 500th in the Clasico.
- 19 – The number of cards the fixture’s most booked player, former Real and Spain defender Fernando Hierro, collected in official Clasicos (18 yellow and one red). Real’s current centre-back Sergio Ramos has 15 yellow cards and two red.
- 21 – The number of goals scored by Barca’s Argentina forward Lionel Messi in his 31 Clasicos, a record for the fixture. Portugal forward Cristiano Ronaldo has netted 15 in 24 Clasicos for Real.
- 32 – The number of Clasico appearances made by Barcelona playmaker Andres Iniesta, the most among active players from either side and one more than Ramos and Messi.
- 500 million – The number of soccer fans around the world who will watch the Clasico, according to an estimate by the professional soccer league (La Liga). You can watch it live here by subscribing to fuboTV.
- 719 million – The market value in euros ($765 million) of Real Madrid’s squad, according to website transfermarkt.de . Barca’s is worth 658 million euros.
- 231 – The number of official Clasicos played since the pair’s first encounter in the last four of the Spanish Cup in 1902, which Barca won 3-1.
- Out of the 231 Clasicos played so far Real Madrid have won 92, Barcelona have won 91.