It’s a great article, but if you’re pressed for time, here are 5 things you didn’t know about Manchester City (that Dan was kind enough to find out):
1. Shaun-Wright Phillips has 14 pairs of boots to choose from for every match. I suppose you should give your star players all the amenities they need, but 14?
2. Emmanuel Adebayor is only just behind with nine pairs – three white, three blue and three black. And he even changes them mid-game – if you noticed, he wore a blue pair for the first half against Arsenal and changed to the ice-whites for the second.
3. Stephen Ireland on the other hand has just one pair that he wears for every game. No frills, but what a player.
4. Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed wants to charm the press into putting a positive spin on news concerning Manchester City – or so it seems. According to Dan, when the Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan found out that the award for ‘Best Press Experience’ had gone to Arsenal for the last few years, he decided it was time to have a little sheikh-up of the City facilities. The press room wasn’t bad before but now you have a spectacular little hideaway where the Yorkshire puddings are four inches high and you can eat your way through a selection of muffins and fine cream cakes.
5. City fans think they can beat United this weekend – and by extension, be involved in the title race this season as well.
Ok, so maybe you already knew how delusional instant money can make people. But can you blame them?