Your User Profile is where you control the way your author name displays on Soccerlens, and also where you can change your password.
You can access your User Profile via the top right corner of any page in WordPress, where it says “Howdy, YourName”. Click on your name and you’ll be taken to your User Profile page.
The following instructions, borrowed from the WordPress Codex User Profile instructions explain how to edit your User Profile:
- Username – You cannot edit your Username because it is used as your Username during the login process. Even an Administrator cannot change your Username. Usually, no one else ever needs to see your Username.
- First name – Enter your first name in this text box.
- Last name – Enter your last name in this text box.
- Nickname – Enter the nickname as it is a required for every user. It may be the same as your User Name or it can be different. If you don’t supply a Nickname, then the User Name will be placed in this field.
- Display name publicly as – Select, from the drop-down, how your name is cited on your blog. You can choose from several of the above pieces of information: Nickname, Login name, First Name, Last Name, “First Last”, or “Last First”. If you prefer “Last, First”, insert a comma after your last name in the Last Name text box above and choose the last option from this dropdown.
- E-mail – All users are required to list an e-mail address in their respective Profiles. The E-mail address must be unique for each user. Your blog will use this address to notify you of new comments to your posts and for other administrative purposes. To reiterate what was said above, only other registered users of your blog will have access to this e-mail address. It is never sent anywhere.
- Website – Enter your website address.
- New Password – Enter your password twice, once in each of the two text boxes. Leaving these text boxes blank will keep the password you are currently using.
Strength Indicator This indicates if the password you entered is Very Weak, Weak, Medium, or Strong (displayed in green). The stronger the password the more secure your login. Hint: The password should be at least seven characters long. To make it stronger, use upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols like !”?$%^&).
Adding Your Profile Picture
On your Profile page:
- Scroll down to the Profile Picture area.
- Click on ‘choose file’, then select an image from your desktop.
- Click on the ‘Update Profile’ button below – this will upload your profile photo (and update all other options on-page).
- Writing a Post in WordPress
- Using the WYSIWYG Editor
- How to Link
- Adding Images
- Tags and Categories
- Save and Publish Options
Back to the Soccerlens Writers Guide.