Today’s big game is Tottenham v Liverpool at White Hart Lane and we’re blogging it live. Of course, if you don’t care for Liverpool’s reserve team thrashing the Carling Cup champions, there’s plenty more for you to read:
- Seymour Price chairman Keith Harris talks about the recent Premier League takeovers (City, Villa, West Ham) as well as possible Premier League takeovers (Newcastle, Everton and Liverpool). A must-read article.
- The race for Axel Witsel is heating up. Arsenal and Manchester United have both been linked with the player. Never mind that he’s an attacking midfielder and not a holding midfielder, and that both teams are looking for the latter and not the former. 15m and he’s yours this January.
- Gabriel Agbonlahor thinks Aston Villa can beat Arsenal this weekend. May I point Gabby to this article and this result?
- Manchester United have the biggest… Make sure you see where (or what) everyone is looking at.
- Is Xavi headed to Manchester United for 20m? Yea, as if Xavi will a) leave his boyhood club and b) Barcelona will let him go over 10k / week wage disagreement. Dream on. Unless…unless Xavi loves the rain.
- In the same vein, Manchester City selling Dunne to Tottenham is equally ridiculous. They made such a big deal of keeping their captain last summer, now with the club moving forward there will be even more of a fight to keep him at Manchester City. Still, London is more attractive than Manchester, but you have to consider that he’ll get more money at City than in Tottenham’s tight wage structure.
- Evilo from The Offside looks at the top 50 prospects in French football. Well researched, top stuff.
- Roma are planning a new stadium. Well they be able to ensure crowd safety in this one?
- Landon Donovan to train with Bayern Munich. Klinsmann loves him, and there are rumours he might even sign on loan. Destined to end in heartbreak if he does so…
- Charton Athletic couldn’t secure new owners, but Crystal Palace did snag an Arab sponsor.
- Just one day to go before Football Manager 2009 is available for download.
- Should Barnsley sue Sheffield United (or rather, Chris Morgan) for Hume’s injury or is it just part and parcel of the game?
- The new Nike Pro commercial, starring Manchester United kit-man Albert Morgan.
- Keith Harris talks football club takeovers. Do you think Premier League takeovers have been successful?
- Arsenal’s kids are proof that talent still trumps experience on a football pitch.
How to Break Up