The contest is now over. Congratulations to Helen Jackson for winning the shirt. Thank you for taking part in this contest!
Former Arsenal skipper, Robin van Persie, got off to a blistering start at Old Trafford. He was a Manchester United player for just five days when his first shot for the club got him his first goal. He has since scored 24 goals in 31 appearances in all competitions so far.
About ManUtd is a fact-supplying iPhone app that covers official matches played by United since 1886. It lists all stats and summaries for each of the players, managers, seasons and opponents. The app is available for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch from the Apple App Store.
RVP Competition: How it works
Soccerlens has one Robin van Persie’s number 20 shirt to give away to our readers. All you have to do is answer the following two questions about Manchester United:
Q. 1: In the first recorded match, Newton Heath FC:
- a) won 6-0 against Manchester City
- b) were defeated 6-0 by Bolton Wanderers
- c) drew 6-6 with Arsenal
Q. 2: Before Robin van Persie, who was the last player to make the direct switch from Arsenal to Manchester United?
- a) Mikael Silvestre
- b) Brian Kidd
- c) Viv Anderson
Send your answers to email@example.com along with your FULL name, phone number, address and shirt size (S, M, L, XL, XXL).
The deadline for this competition is 31st January 2013. The winner will be selected through a random draw and will be contacted by Soccerlens on 1st February to confirm their details.
Terms & Conditions for the Robin van Persie Shirt Competition:
- All entries must be received by Thursday, 31st January, 2013. Winner will be notified by Friday, 1st February, 2013.
- One entry per household. Entries sent in through agents or third parties will be disqualified. Late, incomplete or otherwise ineligible entries will also be disqualified.
- Available shirt sizes can be checked here. Winners will be contacted to confirm size.
- There is no cash alternative to the prize and the prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- The prize will be delivered with free shipping worldwide.
- Soccerlens will not be liable for any prize that did not reach the winner for reasons beyond Soccerlens’ reasonable control.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and agreed to be bound by them when entering this competition.