As part of our 2006/2007 Premiership season-end review, here’s a look at how Reading’s season went. Read up, then offer your own advice on how Reading can improve this summer.
- Pre-season expectations: Reading were expected to struggle and finish in the bottom 8 of the league at best.
- Season evaluation: Reading were (relatively speaking) the best-performing side of the Premiership this season. Kudos to Coppell.
- The Big Negative: The Cech injury (more than the Cudicini incident) was the only black mark on Reading’s season – although Coppell would do well to bring more top-level experience in the squad.
- The Big Positive: Their style of play – always positive and tactically astute.
- Summer Priority: Build the squad, replace Sidwell and consolidate on this season’s gains.
Now it’s your turn: How do you think Reading can improve this summer?
- The complete list for the Premiership 2006/2007 season reviews.
- Do you have what it takes to be a football manager?