Ed’s note: Please give Ross a warm welcome – he’s been a Soccerlens reader from the BNN times (Before NewsNow) and as such deserves our respect (for putting up with us on a day to day basis).
Manchester United’s summer transfer agenda, based on facts and not on heresay.
- Sir Alex Ferguson is after 3 targets
- We do not need to sell players in order to buy
- We need to fill impending holes in the midfield – Centre/Holding and Left midfield
- And we do need another reliable striker
And defender’s are still seemingly linked with United which is beyond my understanding why…
So, onto targets, of course I could just throw in a bunch of Gattuso, Berbatov based names here, but I’m not, I’m going to write justifiable targets who have been sparingly thrown into the news over the past year about a move to United.
– Owen Hargreaves (how original) – I can stereotypically see this happening this year and would be a good solution for the next 5-7 years in our midfield, runs alot, covers defence and a good passer of the ball. But for £16-£20 Million…I’m not so sure…But still, a given for the summer.
– Nani – Just signed a new contract, but I would still like to see Nani added to the United Roster within the next 2 years, perhaps summer 2008 signing as Giggs after a good rest in the summer will be raring to go next season limiting Nani’s chances should he be signed.
– Kevin Nolan – Scholes scouted Nolan for a long period in the 2005/2006 season and several times this season. Scholes and Sir Alex are keen admirers, with Big Sam having departed Bolton…Who know’s?
– Gattuso – No…It’s not happening, Period.
– Florent Malouda – Recently stated he wished to leave OL, could happen, though I feel his style of football is more suited to the Arsenal’s or Barcelona’s of the footballing world. Unlikely to happen.
– Wesley Sneider – Touted to move this summer from Ajax, but with Valencia his prefurred destination and Bayern hot on his tail and Manchester Uniteds cooled interest, looking extremely doubtful.
– Joey Barton – I would personally like to see this happen, he’s cheap, young, and seems the natural player to take the role of Roy Keane within the team (to an extent). He has it all, pace, tenacity, shooting, and great vision, for £5.5 million, a good addition, but all speculation as yet.
Midfielders In = Hargreaves, Nani within the next 2 seasons.
Jan-Klass Huntelaar – Reliable, 2 great seasons always linked with United. Would like to see it happen.
Fernando Torres – It doesn’t seem as if it will happen.
Tevez – If he moves clubs, it will be abroad.
Berbatov – He’ll stay at Tottenham. Enough said.
Micheal Owen – He’ll stay at Newcastle to save his own pride after the big money move.
Viduka – On a free…If it does happen it would be kinda cool, i mean a great striker, a little old, but under everyones noses…he would excell at Manchester no doubt.
Eto’o – £40 million, too expensive.
Strikers – Klaas Jan Huntelaar and Mark Viduka seem likely options.
Bale – Bid for him in the summer, he would preferably move to M U F C then Tottenham. I don’t see it happening in the summer, more than likely in the winter window though.
There haven’t been many defenders linked with United of late for the pure fact we do not need defenders at the moment, we have many outstanding defenders and with O’shea and Wes Brown coming out and saying they’d like to end their careers at Old Trafford, the impending return of Simpson, Pique and Evans next season, we seemingly have too many defenders…