Manchester United face Arsenal in the FA Cup quarter final on Monday night at Old Trafford – a result that could deal a huge psychological blow in the race for top four.
United: form guide
Manchester United have failed to impress in terms of performances, but they have been able to grind out the results. And as long as they are racking up the points, Louis van Gaal will have hardly anything to complain about.
Apart from Robin van Persie, there is no fresh injury news for United. Mata and Falcao will be vying for a starting berth in the line-up.
United probable Line up
David de Gea, Rojo, Jones, Smalling, Valencia, Blind, Herrera, Young, Mata, Maria, Rooney
Arsenal form guide
Since Arsenal’s 2-1 defeat against Spurs, the Gunners have picked up five victories in their last six matches.
Arsenal probable line up
Szczesny, Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Cazorla, Coquelin, Ozil, Sanchez, Ramsey, Giroud.
- Manchester United have won their last 6 home matches against Arsenal in all competitions.
- Manchester United have kept a clean sheet in each of their last four FA Cup games against Arsenal.
- Manchester United have won 11 and lost just one of their last 15 matches against Arsenal in all competitions.
- Juan Mata has scored four goals and assisted two more in five starts in all competitions against Arsenal.
- Olivier Giroud has scored seven and assisted four goals in his 11 FA Cup appearances.
Stat courtesy: BBC Sport