According to reports from English Media outlet Daily Star, who have cited reports in Spain, Manchester United manager Louis Van Gaal would be happy to sell out of favour striker Javier Hernandez in the upcoming summer transfer window. The Mexican who was told that he didn’t feature in Van Gaal’s plans was sent on loan to Real Madrid earlier this season.
However, the player has hardly made an impact making just one start in the La Liga. Hernandez has made 16 appearances, 14 of those being from the bench, scoring just 3 goals in the process. Spanish media outlet Cadena Cope have also stated that the Galacticos have realized that they made a mistake in signing Hernandez.
COPE | Real Madrid have realized they were wrong in signing Javier Hernandez. pic.twitter.com/2ujxS9aI6G
— SocialRMadrid (@SocialRMadrid) March 4, 2015
Spanish journalist Melchor Ruiz also believes that Real manager Carlo Ancelotti will opt to integrate youth team starlets as back-up for talisman Karim Benzema. Ruiz said: “They acknowledge they could have been wrong about him after what he has contributed. It has not been good for the player how the season has gone. They also believe it wasn’t necessary to sign him as he has not had many minutes.”
United would be thus willing to sell the player but complications might arise as they are likely to hold on for a £8m fee. It is stated that Stoke City, Tottenham, Everton and West Ham are all interested but it will be interesting if they do offer the quoted price for the player who has fallen way below his peak form.